The "minimal" coop from Building Chicken Coops for Dummies

Quote:
Yup, I'm a spinner - you, too??? I'm looking forward to spinning in the backyard with my girls frolicking in the background - oh, halcyon days!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yup, I'm a spinner - you, too??? I'm looking forward to spinning in the backyard with my girls frolicking in the background - oh, halcyon days!
big_smile.png

Unfortunately I don't spin but I really wish I did. I'm what you call a late bloomer. I didn't start knitting till I worked for a textile co. and saw what beautiful things you can make by knitting.. I'm self taught. I've only been knitting for 10 or so yrs. What a great way to spin (backyard with your chickens.) What a serene life. I'm just now getting into canning. I'm a real late bloomer. Enjoy your chickens and spinning.

Awesome job so far! I'm a knitter and spinner, too. I love going down to the chicken yard with my wheel and spinning with the ladies. They do sometimes make off with a bit of fluff now and then, though, the stinkers!
lol.png

Looks great. I am STILL building a duckhouse I thought would be done weeks ago. For me, it is not so much about finding time but finding energy. I am sore and exhausted perpetually!

Progress and the end is in sight! Finally!

I worked all day yesterday and took only one photo early on:

IMG_2893.jpg

By the evening, I had the roof up (with tar paper, but no shingles) and the human door cut. I was testing out next boxes (I know, I know - I should wait until the structure is finished BEFORE contemplating the interior decoration, but I couldn't help myself).
big_smile.png

Today I finish it, put the fencing up and move the girls out! My cat Flavia is going to miss having the girls near (Flavia thinks the hens are hers - I find her in the brooder a lot.):

IMG_2896.jpg
IMG_2897.jpg

lol.png

Back
Top Bottom