The Moment of Impact (haha, youch!)

BlueMottie

Songster
11 Years
Jan 3, 2009
Rock
Ouch! Tonight I was feeding and cleaning, so I let out one of my cochin roosters so he could run around for a while. After I was finished cleaning up, I put Booger up on my shoulder and figured, what the heck. My camera is right there: photoshoot!
Poor Booger didn't realize Valentine's day was a month and a half ago
smack.gif

End of story: My lips hurt and we got some good pictures!

20545_img_0365.jpg

And here, happy ending. He isn't dive-bombing my face!

20545_img_0370.jpg

I remember trying to pose with Nugget once and he kissed me,,, I thought I was going to need stitches and it left a heck of a scar lol,, I remember him fondly though, he was just showing his love! Your's is so cute, he looks like he loves his mommy!

Quote:
I just keep waiting for one of mine to go for my eyes.. Doesnt stop me from playing with them though...

I had that happen a few years a go with a naked neck pullet...jumped up in my lap when I was doing something. I looked down and WHAMMO. That hurt pretty bad, I'm just happy she didn't actually hit my eye.

Quote:
They say love hurts, chicken love is no exception! Poor Nugget...he must've been a great bird
sad.png
Yes, remember his kisses fondly
hugs.gif

Yup, that's my lil' Booger-Butt. He was one of the few that made it out of a dog attack-even then he almost didn't make it. That's the reason he's blind in one eye (skull was crushed)

Quote:
I just keep waiting for one of mine to go for my eyes.. Doesnt stop me from playing with them though...

Trust me...you don't want that to happen! One time I was collecting eggs, one of our young and friendly (but extremely curious) Red Star/RIR pullets, Suzy, was roosting on her perch right near me and decided to peck me right in the eye.
hmm.png
I didn't even see it coming, so I didn't close my eye at all. It stung really bad and made my eye all watery.
barnie.gif
Of course, I didn't blame her.
roll.png
She just likes to explore things by pecking them, unfortunately.

Also, I almost got pecked in the eye by our Splash Cochin rooster, Foghorn. He bites on purpose (not in a curious way like Suzy did). He has always liked to bite us ever since we got him at a swap/meet. He doesn't just peck, he will strike at your hand or anything he can get a hold of if you put it up to him. When I'm holding him, I have to make sure my hands are too close to him beak/head, because if he sees it and it's in biting distance, he will bite it...and hard! Well, one time I was holding him, and I like giving him kisses on the back of his head (I would never get my face anywhere near the front!), and I guess he saw it coming so right when I went to give him a kiss on his head, he turned around and pecked my right near my eye!
ep.gif
I'm so glad he didn't get my eye, because it was just above it and it actually did bleed a tiny tiny bit.
roll.png
Of course, I forgave him because he wasn't ever really handled when he was younger, before we got him, so he's still a little skittish of us and biting is one of his defenses (besides attacking with his spurs, which he has never done! He's really not an aggressive rooster because he won't chase us or anything, he will just bite when you get in his pecking-distance.)

My spoiled baby chick, Ivory, likes to peck at my lips whenever she gets a chance...She thinks I'm gonna have a treat in my mouth or something.
idunno.gif
roll.png
But right now it doesn't hurt or anything, and its actually funny when she does it, but once she gets older she will get stronger and then it will probably start to hurt more. lol

Nice pictures, too! Haha it's cool how you caught him doing that!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom