The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
I have been stacking since way back and it ain't done me nothing but good. Lol
This egg stacking seems so weird to me.
I couldn't give up the auto turning to hand turn.
Moony says.....Stack incubators not eggs.

That's why I like the auctions. People can be crazy! I sold a basic Call Duck drake for $85 on the weekend! A few weeks before, a pair of Standard Cochin sold for around $125. I'm getting in some Dark Brahma chicks in a couple of weeks, as well as Buff Chantecler and a couple of varieties of OEGB. The Chantecler are going to be the basis of my egg and meat collection, the Brahma and OEGB are my money makers. I also got a dozen White Chantecler eggs at the auction and they are in the incubator right now.

I agree with people-ing. I would rather stay out here with my critters. But, I need to make a bit of money to add to my meagre Disability benefit. I hate dealing with putting online ads up.
I love auctions but here it's usually some things hardly sell. That "$1 to the first hand" can get you in trouble.
I do remember once they had a couple nice flemish giant rabbits. There was a buck that was a good proper size and all. Before the sell people were checking him out just cause he was so big. I heard talking adding him to their meat rabbits for size.
Guess a few had that idea because it turned into a 3 people bidding war. He sold for just shy of $200.
Even the auctioneer had to comment. It was nuts that a rabbit sold for more then goats were.

I love to haggle. You all would hate me. I come from a long line of not well to do family. Haggling often was the difference between affording something or not.
Growing up my mom wouldn't brake for squirrels but she would for garage sells. I can remember so many times we'd walk up and she'd ask what they were asking for something and theyd say $5 and without missing a beat she'd say I'll give $1.
She may have invited low balling. My brother would be so embarrassed that he always sat in the car.
Not me I was intrigued with the action and back and forth of it.
Once my grampa tried to haggle the Walmart cashier over some quarts of oil. He legit thought you could do that. Fun times.
Haggling may have been ingrained as a survival skill in me, IDk
I love when people try to haggle with me. It's like amateur hour. Sorry, been there done that, friend. I know the game. It's still fun to see if I can learn something though.
Auctions are fun because it's almost like a game show speed round Haggling to me. The clock is ticking and you have to read people to get an idea how high they'll go while at the same time figuring out how to have them read you as someone that's gonna get it so they quit bidding sooner.
And if they want to run the bids up when to push them and when to dive out leaving them overpaying.

I love auctions but here it's usually some things hardly sell. That "$1 to the first hand" can get you in trouble.
I do remember once they had a couple nice flemish giant rabbits. There was a buck that was a good proper size and all. Before the sell people were checking him out just cause he was so big. I heard talking adding him to their meat rabbits for size.
Guess a few had that idea because it turned into a 3 people bidding war. He sold for just shy of $200.
Even the auctioneer had to comment. It was nuts that a rabbit sold for more then goats were.
I would never pay that for a rabbit, but would be happy to take the money! :lau

They had a bottle-fed goat kid there. Online ads sell those for between $100-200. This one went for around $400 I think! Just shook my head...

I'm new at auctions, but I've seen a lot of them in videos. I know what I want to pay for something and am good at staying within those limits. Which is surprising since I can be an impulse buyer!

This egg stacking seems so weird to me.
I couldn't give up the auto turning to hand turn.
Moony says.....Stack incubators not eggs.
The eggs get turned when you stack in an auto turner. I only do it when my incubators are full to capacity and I have more eggs than room in the incubators. It has worked quite well. Once you candle and remove clears after a week or so then you can move all eggs to the turner without having to stack.

Back
Top Bottom