The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
You got a Leahy for free!!! Maaaan, some people have all the luck 😍
82qb2f.jpg

That is lovely!!! I love it so very much!!!
How many eggs does it hold??
I have no idea how many.
I've honestly been so busy lately I didn't even take the proper time to do a adequate inspection.
It's old school so no turner just the slide in racks like shelves. They were just piled in but looked like 3 for incubating and a bottom one for hatching. Gotta hold 200 - 300.
I'd like to convert it to the system the Sportsman uses but the motor and parts have always been more then I've wanted to spend so I've never done one before.
Honestly I'll probably make a similar set up with pivoting trays and plastic egg flats but no motor etc. I'll hand turn in a way but by moving something that moves everything at once not each individual egg.
Idk if that makes sense but I always have ideas.

Hey @The Moonshiner all 30 eggs made it to lockdown...

Hatch day is Wednesday
I've got some hatching already.
I candled a few days back and only tossed 2 clears. So 28 moved forwards but idk how viable they all were.

30 out of 30 is exciting. I'm hoping now all will hatch.
To set 30 and hatch 30 would be crazy great.
That'd be done, finished, close the book on who's the best at hatching and what's the best incubator

Idk how you keep track of them all?!?!?
I have no idea how many.
I've honestly been so busy lately I didn't even take the proper time to do a adequate inspection.
It's old school so no turner just the slide in racks like shelves. They were just piled in but looked like 3 for incubating and a bottom one for hatching. Gotta hold 200 - 300.
I'd like to convert it to the system the Sportsman uses but the motor and parts have always been more then I've wanted to spend so I've never done one before.
Honestly I'll probably make a similar set up with pivoting trays and plastic egg flats but no motor etc. I'll hand turn in a way but by moving something that moves everything at once not each individual egg.
Idk if that makes sense but I always have ideas.
That makes sense!!! Hopefully you post if it all works out!!!

I've got some hatching already.
I candled a few days back and only tossed 2 clears. So 28 moved forwards but idk how viable they all were.

30 out of 30 is exciting. I'm hoping now all will hatch.
To set 30 and hatch 30 would be crazy great.
That'd be done, finished, close the book on who's the best at hatching and what's the best incubator
I am hoping they all hatch as well...but mainly bc they've made it too far to not lol

28 is solid!!! Are they hatching early again??

I am anxious to get back from work (which I've been at since 3am ) to see if there are any early pips.... I didn't adjust anything from last time...

And not so much the best at hatching...but definitely the best incubator 🤣🤣🤣

(Bias bc it'll likely be the only ONE I own ever.....🤣🤣)

Back
Top Bottom