The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
STOP 👏 BUYING 👏 INCUBATORS 👏
7wpbsp.gif

What, huh, why?
Oh I get it. My birthday is coming up and I might end up buying the same one someone got me for my birthday.
Good thinking but I wouldn't mind having doubles.

Think I'm on day 10 with my brinsea like that and the NR360.
Was in hurry to get the maticoopx back running but might wait a few more days.
Running out of space to put them and plug ends, lol.
I've got one last big batch going into lockdown so after that hatch I can remove one of my hovabator hatchers.
That would give me room for the maticoopx and the next player to enter the game.
After that I'll see about going old school with the ufo bator and another yet to be seen player.

Update:

Eggs from my own flock, Incubator 2 and Broody hens:

All of the 6 eggs that I gave to the hens hatched, and hatched 1 day earlier that tne ones that I kept in the incubator. Of these 6 I helped 2 that seemed to be a bit “squished” meaning they were completely zipped but the chick was still partially inside the white membrane. I waited a good 12+hours for both and then freed both of them successfully. Both nice and healthy and no blood. Unfortunately in the next day I found one dead under one of the hens, not sure it was one of the ones that I assisted. I am unsure of cause of death, chick looked perfect. Luckily the remaining 5 are thriving, the hens are great at co-parenting them.

The other 8 eggs that remained in the incubator they all hatched healthy chicks right on day 21 within 12 hours.
They are now in a brooder with the other 15 chicks that hatched feom shipped eggs and are thriving.
So at lockdown you had 8 eggs remaining and all 8 hatched. Sounds like 100% hatch rate.
I got confused for a second trying to follow. I think it would be best if you go ahead and set another batch and we can see how it does.

So at lockdown you had 8 eggs remaining and all 8 hatched. Sounds like 100% hatch rate.
I got confused for a second trying to follow. I think it would be best if you go ahead and set another batch and we can see how it does.
Lol sorry, let me clarify.

Out of 30 eggs feom my own hens only 14 were fertilized. All 14 developed. A day before lockdown I removed 6 and gave them to my broody hens. All the 14 eggs hatched, 6 under my hens, 8 in the Maticoopx incubator.

I have 2 Maticoopx incubators, so I now have 28 chicks.

I have to decide which chicks I will keep and place the others before I can hatch again. It is such an interesting process, I can’t wait to do it again!

i have not read the thread.
Wow! I did four or five hatches, in one year!
2 in incubators, probably at least 10 naturals, almost all with multiple hens on the nests. I think I had almost every hen brood this year. Not all were successful, but I think I ended up with only 9 hens that didn't brood this year

Back
Top Bottom