The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
I got my thermostat today....
Screenshot_20230825-175159_Chrome.jpg

It's the Inkbird model ITC-306T-WIFI
I think its the most basic model except the WIFI part which I most likely won't ever use. This should work excellent with the UFO bator.
Thanks @007Sean

I reloaded and started the maticoopx today.
Also started this one.......
Janoel 12
2271egg_incubator_janoel_12_1635813380_014902b0_progressive.jpeg

Biggest issue is the turner tray. Says it holds 12 but I've heard others say it'll only hold 9. It has adjustable dividers so I was figuring with leghorn eggs it was gonna be tough to fit 4 rows unless I wanted to hatch a bunch of those skinny cockerel eggs.
You can see from the pic the end to end is even a problem. No way I was gonna set just 6 eggs in a 12 egg incubator. Luckily I had about 80 eggs to pick through. I set all the smallest ones and did get 12 squeezed in. Idk if they'll turn but whatever.
The set up wasn't much fun either. First off I guess it can only be set up with Celsius. That's like metric BS. I'm still mad about it.
It has several different settings. Temp. Maximum temp and minimum temp. Apparently you can set those and it won't go higher or lower :confused: I mean are those needed? Is the temp gonna be out of control and trying to go all over the place?
It has humidity level alarm or alarms. Idk I skipped past the alarm. May regret that sometime in the middle of the night.
It has a calibration setting so if the thermometer reading is off you can adjust it to correct it :confused: idk something else I skipped over.
I think I skipped most everything lol.
Anyways here we go now.

72c454_835d1c3095264774af70e713b5e9bb37.png

I'm not sure how these hatches will go with the recent very high temp days but I figure if the high temps caused an issue then they wouldn't start forming and they'd get tossed and not counted as they would be clears.
I know in early spring the low temps ruined a lot of eggs and I had a really high count of clears those first couple weeks.

I reloaded and started the maticoopx today.
Also started this one.......
Janoel 12
View attachment 3622039
Biggest issue is the turner tray. Says it holds 12 but I've heard others say it'll only hold 9. It has adjustable dividers so I was figuring with leghorn eggs it was gonna be tough to fit 4 rows unless I wanted to hatch a bunch of those skinny cockerel eggs.
You can see from the pic the end to end is even a problem. No way I was gonna set just 6 eggs in a 12 egg incubator. Luckily I had about 80 eggs to pick through. I set all the smallest ones and did get 12 squeezed in. Idk if they'll turn but whatever.
The set up wasn't much fun either. First off I guess it can only be set up with Celsius. That's like metric BS. I'm still mad about it.
It has several different settings. Temp. Maximum temp and minimum temp. Apparently you can set those and it won't go higher or lower :confused: I mean are those needed? Is the temp gonna be out of control and trying to go all over the place?
It has humidity level alarm or alarms. Idk I skipped past the alarm. May regret that sometime in the middle of the night.
It has a calibration setting so if the thermometer reading is off you can adjust it to correct it :confused: idk something else I skipped over.
I think I skipped most everything lol.
Anyways here we go now.

View attachment 3622045
FYI: I don’t know if you are aware but you can get some “dividers”, “raisers” and other accessories for The Maticoopx and other incubators on Etsy. Not cheap but useful. I ended up using the raisers and the cover for the motor. I think they work well.
For keeping the eggs upright I just used elastic hairbands and they also worked well.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1453380418/

FYI: I don’t know if you are aware but you can get some “dividers”, “raisers” and other accessories for The Maticoopx and other incubators on Etsy. Not cheap but useful. I ended up using the raisers and the cover for the motor. I think they work well.
For keeping the eggs upright I just used elastic hairbands and they also worked well.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1453380418/
I saw the dividers and motor cover before but not the riser.
I use dividers in my hovabator hatchers. I'm cheap so I made my own out of the plastic grill parts from a broken box fan. I'd do something similar if it comes to wanting them for the maticoopx.
I did see and liked the idea of the motor cover. I was gonna see if it became an issue or look it over closer. Oops I forgot to do that before setting eggs again. I'd also probably look into rigging something up myself.
The risers I like. For the maticoopx and the NR360 but they're awful proud of those apparently. I just can't justify spending that much. That kind of money I could buy some other incubator.
I did go buy a nice 32 pack of hair ties and used them this go around. They did seem to work very well. I think that's a problem solved. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom