The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
I got my thermostat today....
View attachment 3619388
It's the Inkbird model ITC-306T-WIFI
I think its the most basic model except the WIFI part which I most likely won't ever use. This should work excellent with the UFO bator.
Thanks @007Sean

You will be more than 'pleased' with it's performance! :old and your Welcome!

I saw the dividers and motor cover before but not the riser.
I use dividers in my hovabator hatchers. I'm cheap so I made my own out of the plastic grill parts from a broken box fan. I'd do something similar if it comes to wanting them for the maticoopx.
I did see and liked the idea of the motor cover. I was gonna see if it became an issue or look it over closer. Oops I forgot to do that before setting eggs again. I'd also probably look into rigging something up myself.
The risers I like. For the maticoopx and the NR360 but they're awful proud of those apparently. I just can't justify spending that much. That kind of money I could buy some other incubator.
I did go buy a nice 32 pack of hair ties and used them this go around. They did seem to work very well. I think that's a problem solved. Thanks again.
Yes I agree they are not cheap! The motor cover definitely helps, also not cheap but if it helps save the mothor definitely worth it.
One thing that would be really useful would be some soert of handle for when you lift the cover. I always felt like I was going to lose my grip and drop it on the eggs. Maybe you could come up with a design.

One thing that would be really useful would be some soert of handle for when you lift the cover. I always felt like I was going to lose my grip and drop it on the eggs. Maybe you could come up with a design.
Go back to post 87.
MGG had a great solution for that with her NR360.
That's what I'd go with.

@The Moonshiner I missed a few pages and did a quick read through....

Am I correct, that you haven't loaded the UFO yet??
Not yet.
I'm getting close to lockdown with the NR360 and the Brinsea maxi II.
Just started the maticoopx and Janoel 12.
Figured I'd start the UFO and another incubator in about a week or so. I'll start testing the UFO soon since I'm adding the Inkbird thermostat it's designed to just continuously run with a 7 watt bulb.
My local hardware store had several of those style bulbs on super clearance the other day so I picked up (I think it was) 4W, 5W, 7W and a 15W.
Wanna experiment with which works best. The thermostat will kick it on and off accordingly but.....
Anyone have thoughts on which way to go? Kind of thinking the smaller ones would be on quite a bit but the 15W would probably be kicking off a lot more.
Think one way would be more ideal then the other?

Not yet.
I'm getting close to lockdown with the NR360 and the Brinsea maxi II.
Just started the maticoopx and Janoel 12.
Figured I'd start the UFO and another incubator in about a week or so. I'll start testing the UFO soon since I'm adding the Inkbird thermostat it's designed to just continuously run with a 7 watt bulb.
My local hardware store had several of those style bulbs on super clearance the other day so I picked up (I think it was) 4W, 5W, 7W and a 15W.
Wanna experiment with which works best. The thermostat will kick it on and off accordingly but.....
Anyone have thoughts on which way to go? Kind of thinking the smaller ones would be on quite a bit but the 15W would probably be kicking off a lot more.
Think one way would be more ideal then the other?
Agree. You could try a few, let it run a bit and see what you get. Decide. Set eggs. Small bator won't take long to heat up. Choose the one most consistant. Don't want the bulb too strong. It could turn off and on too often. Could short out.

Man, someone needs to find me one of these that ships from inside the states instead of from China.
Screenshot_20230830-165345_Chrome.jpg

Are they chicks with ears or mice with beaks?
Yes

:lau I have no idea. Confusing huh?
Idk but look how cute they are. They look so happy and have big hearts.
OMG I'm dieing but would totally buy one if they were here and on the cheap.

Back
Top Bottom