The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Glad to see this thread getting going for the year! I'm going to be firing up my NR360 this weekend for some hens choice leap year hatches because I've been wanting to do a fertility check and thought doing it for leap year hatches would be funny.

I've also been watching the price drop on the maticoopx. I saw them for $125. I was tempted just because I'm a fan and idk if you can beat one for performance times price.
I refrained because I really don't need two. But then I saw these. It looks like a knock off only smaller. 4 trays instead of 5. And barely over $100.
A bit smaller and a different brand name. That makes it totally different right? Different enough that it should be tried out? 🤔
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CNSNCT2...d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams
I've seen these and wondered...let me know of you try it

I've been absent from BYC for a little bit. Checking in here and there...come here and find like 4 pages!

I just butchered off my last 13 from my last hatch (all boys, girls went on to live elsewhere)

I won't be hatching during the beginning of the year. I am switching breeds (New Hampshire Reds) so need to not hatch anymore BRs.

My daughter (15yo) wants to hatch herself abt 4 more ducks. She's hesitant bc she doesn't want to butcher boys ..so she has a decision to make...so we may he hatching ducks soon 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I've been resisting the urge to hatch by "hatching" my seeds for the garden, and growing my sourdough 🤣🤣🤣

I've seen these and wondered...let me know of you try it
I mean they look exactly the same from what I could see except a smaller footprint and less egg capacity.
I think I know they would preform the same but I may just be looking for an excuse to get one. I may have a problem.

I have only ever owned one incubator - but thinking of trying other brands out. I have been keeping chickens for 5 years and have been hatching for 2. I have really mostly just got breeds that I am interested in at Tractor Supply and got some chicks from Meyer Hatchery.

I use the Opps Decor incubator and it has some Pros and Cons to it. Some say it's a piece of crap and I understand why... because the biggest thing is having trouble with keeping humidity were it should. Don't get me wrong, I love the incubator but...

11 PM - Beep, Beep, Beep

2 AM - Beep, Beep, Beep

4 AM - Beep Beep, Beep

I think you get the point... for that reason, sometimes I feel like chucking it out the window. lol
Here's what it looks like:
1707487885341.png

But after 21 days of it's garbage... I do end up getting a good hatch rate - probably about 80% - 85%!

I have only ever owned one incubator - but thinking of trying other brands out. I have been keeping chickens for 5 years and have been hatching for 2. I have really mostly just got breeds that I am interested in at Tractor Supply and got some chicks from Meyer Hatchery.

I use the Opps Decor incubator and it has some Pros and Cons to it. Some say it's a piece of crap and I understand why... because the biggest thing is having trouble with keeping humidity were it should. Don't get me wrong, I love the incubator but...

11 PM - Beep, Beep, Beep

2 AM - Beep, Beep, Beep

4 AM - Beep Beep, Beep

I think you get the point... for that reason, sometimes I feel like chucking it out the window. lol
View attachment 3744088
But after 21 days of it's garbage... I do end up getting a good hatch rate - probably about 80% - 85%!
I got that one. Lost all of my eggs before day 21, even the few late survivors I ended up moving to my reliable one for lockdown. Was 3 weeks of hell too, of my day starting at 3 in the morning and ending around midnight to keep the alarm from waking the family up

11 PM - Beep, Beep, Beep

2 AM - Beep, Beep, Beep

4 AM - Beep Beep, Beep

View attachment 3744088
Ya I've heard nothing but horror stories about those. Enough so I didn't want to even spend $$$ on one to try it.
You may be the first to say you've had successful hatches.
This incubator review idea is a struggle sometimes. So many incubators that I'd like to try but can't justify their high prices. Then cheap ones I'd like to try in hopes of having success but hard to justify just throwing money away too.
Thanks for your input with a model I don't have.

Ya I've heard nothing but horror stories about those. Enough so I didn't want to even spend $$$ on one to try it.
You may be the first to say you've had successful hatches.
This incubator review idea is a struggle sometimes. So many incubators that I'd like to try but can't justify their high prices. Then cheap ones I'd like to try in hopes of having success but hard to justify just throwing money away too.
Thanks for your input with a model I don't have.
I think I payed 120 dollars and it was well worth it in my opinion. Your welcome, glad I could be some help.

Back
Top Bottom