The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
We are first time hatchers and are using the NR 360. We had originally ordered a Bater off Amazon but when we plugged it in to test it, it filled the room with smoke!

We contacted Amazon, who told us that they approved the return and to expect a shipping label from the seller - who gave us a run-around. We contacted Amazon again and got an apology from the seller who told us to keep it and refunded the price plus the $30 shipping fee.

We were supposed to pick up Silver Bielefelders eggs from Greenfire in a few days, and wanted time to test the new incubator before we got another dud so bought the 360 off the shelf and got lucky enough to find it on sale. We currently have 6 days left to our hatch. I'm pretty sure one egg is a dud and another has died (I'll be posting that I. Our hatch along later)

David took it the broke one apart and found it needed a new fan. He was in IT before he retired and our life went to the birds - and recognized the fan as a basic computer fan. And it's a good thing he did. Our broody had a staggered hatch because we missed the timing on one egg - and didn't catch another egg she must have somehow stolen.

She abandoned those two eggs to take care of her hatchlings. We put them in the repaired incubator. One hatched two days ago - and she adopted it. The other hatched yesterday - and she seemed to take right to it last night too.

I can't really give a review on either incubator yet, but am happy to see so many people pleased with the 360. It does give me more confidence to know so many find it reliable

We are first time hatchers and are using the NR 360. We had originally ordered a Bater off Amazon but when we plugged it in to test it, it filled the room with smoke!

We contacted Amazon, who told us that they approved the return and to expect a shipping label from the seller - who gave us a run-around. We contacted Amazon again and got an apology from the seller who told us to keep it and refunded the price plus the $30 shipping fee.

We were supposed to pick up Silver Bielefelders eggs from Greenfire in a few days, and wanted time to test the new incubator before we got another dud so bought the 360 off the shelf and got lucky enough to find it on sale. We currently have 6 days left to our hatch. I'm pretty sure one egg is a dud and another has died (I'll be posting that I. Our hatch along later)

David took it the broke one apart and found it needed a new fan. He was in IT before he retired and our life went to the birds - and recognized the fan as a basic computer fan. And it's a good thing he did. Our broody had a staggered hatch because we missed the timing on one egg - and didn't catch another egg she must have somehow stolen.

She abandoned those two eggs to take care of her hatchlings. We put them in the repaired incubator. One hatched two days ago - and she adopted it. The other hatched yesterday - and she seemed to take right to it last night too.

I can't really give a review on either incubator yet, but am happy to see so many people pleased with the 360. It does give me more confidence to know so many find it reliable
I guess you are no stranger to chickens and their shenanigans. Lol. I had a similar situation with a broody turkey recently. My Narragansett hen, Sassy free ranges with her mate, Ruger and my chickens. My other turkeys are kept up in breeding groups. Sassy laid a stash in the woodline and went to sitting. We were looking for her eggs to hatch this week sometime. Lo and behold she hatched last week with a single baby. She came off with it and left the remaining 9 eggs. To our surprise, her single baby, who mind you is her pride and joy, turned out to be a chicken. Apparently one of the game hens is part Cuckoo bird and left her egg for the turkey to raise. Lol. That explained her early hatch. I took her eggs and put them in the Sportsman, they are in lock down now.

I am excited to hear how you do with the NR 360. If all goes well, I will use mine to lockdown a group of turkey eggs next week. Cant count on it until it comes in the mail and I get it up and running.

I guess you are no stranger to chickens and their shenanigans. Lol. I had a similar situation with a broody turkey recently. My Narragansett hen, Sassy free ranges with her mate, Ruger and my chickens. My other turkeys are kept up in breeding groups. Sassy laid a stash in the woodline and went to sitting. We were looking for her eggs to hatch this week sometime. Lo and behold she hatched last week with a single baby. She came off with it and left the remaining 9 eggs. To our surprise, her single baby, who mind you is her pride and joy, turned out to be a chicken. Apparently one of the game hens is part Cuckoo bird and left her egg for the turkey to raise. Lol. That explained her early hatch. I took her eggs and put them in the Sportsman, they are in lock down now.

I am excited to hear how you do with the NR 360. If all goes well, I will use mine to lockdown a group of turkey eggs next week. Cant count on it until it comes in the mail and I get it up and running.
LOL! Reminds me of Gail Damerow's story in her book. She gave her chicken duck eggs. She was happy with her clutch until her babies decided to go for a swim - and she lost her mind!

LOL! Reminds me of Gail Damerow's story in her book. She gave her chicken duck eggs. She was happy with her clutch until her babies decided to go for a swim - and she lost her mind!
I bet that hen was upset! Im glad it wasnt the other way around, a mother duck raising chickens! They would have drowned for sure. I've always heard a mother hen's love is blind. My husband used game hens to hatch and raise Bob White quail one year.

Lucky! The maticoopx is now out of stock. I need it. 😞
It's out of stock more often then not.
I got mine NIB off of Marketplace. One pops up every now and again. Like a month ago someone had 3 used ones they were selling. Guess I should of bought them to pass out huh?

So looks like our milk cooler we trashed was 2 feet deep and 3 long. It was a fancy one so half the front wall actually could lower too. Would have made a great brooder too, especially since what was broken was the cooler. Couldn't get it to stay under 40f
Another brooder is always good too.

I've had this happen.
They do lose their minds.

Back
Top Bottom