The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
That's what I plan on doing. Did yours hatch with wobbly air cells?
Ehh.... I didn't have great luck. 2 out of 12/18, and I lost one after hatching. But mine were araucana that came from Texas (so across the country) so between the distance and the breed, they had a few struggles already against them. My male I have from the hatch is super great though.

Ehh.... I didn't have great luck. 2 out of 12/18, and I lost one after hatching. But mine were araucana that came from Texas (so across the country) so between the distance and the breed, they had a few struggles already against them. My male I have from the hatch is super great though.
These eggs traveled about 1300 miles so a pretty far piece. I hope for at least a 40% hatch rate. You had a good hatch rate for shipped eggs. 12/18 is 67%. I would be tickled to get that.

These eggs traveled about 1300 miles so a pretty far piece. I hope for at least a 40% hatch rate. You had a good hatch rate for shipped eggs. 12/18 is 67%. I would be tickled to get that.
Oh no, I meant I got 2 to hatch. I had either 12 or 18, I just can't remember which one. I think 12, since I think I got 18 from Moony

The chicken eggs I've gotten with jiggly air cells have not hatched super well, either, unfortunately. :hmm I found that they did best if I kept them tilted but upright in a clean egg carton in the incubator, and sort of rolled them back and forth by hand in the carton a few times a day to turn them. Good luck! :fl

20240503_123718.jpg Wyandotte eggs!

Back
Top Bottom