The Moonshiner's Leghorns

MF project
Blue gold duckwing project
Cuckoo (with lacing?) project
Crele project
Well now...hmmmm
tenor.gif

Last edited:
The heat has been awful here too. Not lost anyone yet, thankfully to it, but we're getting eggs that are already developing if we accidentally leave them somewhere outside for a day or so.

We did lose a quail from a mix of heatstress and head injuries, but I'm not too surprised unfortunately about her.

In other words, needs more length of body and length of neck.
The one with the crazy head art is partridge ➕. I'm just not sure what the ➕ is.
The light two are from my blue gold duckwing project.
The crosses are from a cuckoo isabel welsummer project. They're split for lavender.
Partridge! I was sorta right! For some reason I guessed they might be half Welsummer. What makes you interested in Wellies?

In other words, needs more length of body and length of neck.

Partridge! I was sorta right! For some reason I guessed they might be half Welsummer. What makes you interested in Wellies?
I've had welsummer before. I've always been ok with them.
Anyways long ago I had some rhodebars also had legbars. I was interested in the auto sexing and was just getting into welbars.
That's when the Isabella leghorns came out.
When I got some I immediately thought about adding the barring to the Isabel pattern.
I thought about making the "ooal" legbars but opted soon after to go the welsummer route to avoid the blue egg gene hassle.
That's when I found @ChicKat and her legbar project.
Well leghorns took over my attention and I worked on a cuckoo isabel leghorn while she worked on her project.
The wesummer/welbar project was discontinued. I've never forgotten and decided to get back into it.
My end goal is to have cuckoo isabel birds that lay a rainbow of colored eggs.

Hey @The Moonshiner Any idea on what color or mixed color id get if I crossed a lavender orp with a jubilee
I'd expect it would be extended black/partridge.
Carrying one lavender gene, one mahogany gene and one Columbian gene so black with red leakage.
Females may be black or black with some hackle area leakage.
Males would surely have leakage in hackle, shoulders and saddle areas to some extent.

Back
Top Bottom