The Moonshiner's Leghorns

I knew you did I just thought you were confused about their purpose.
Now stop before you get us both in trouble.
You started it.
anigif_sub-buzz-28036-1512588785-4.gif

Guess I'll update....
Headed into the dark months now. A hour less daylight in the evening. We've had snow on the ground, highs in the 30s and lows in the 20s.
Incubators are now empty and ive already let some cockerels go with another batch getting ready to go.
Thinning down will continue with even more going to auction soon.
Figuring on getting down to 500 by December and 400 max by spring.
Most of my breeders are mixed together now. I have 4 groups left. 2 pairs and 2 trios. Thinking about leaving them for a while and test the incubator with a couple really small batches. IDK.
Looking into options and trying to decide what I want to do for winter housing.
Thinking I might pick out a different bird every few weeks to take pics of and post just to have something going on here.
Posted the silver Crele cockerel. Ive got a few so will be picking 2 or 3 to keep. Probably grab a few more pics in a few days. Before moving on to something else.

Guess I'll update....
Headed into the dark months now. A hour less daylight in the evening. We've had snow on the ground, highs in the 30s and lows in the 20s.
Incubators are now empty and ive already let some cockerels go with another batch getting ready to go.
Thinning down will continue with even more going to auction soon.
Figuring on getting down to 500 by December and 400 max by spring.
Most of my breeders are mixed together now. I have 4 groups left. 2 pairs and 2 trios. Thinking about leaving them for a while and test the incubator with a couple really small batches. IDK.
Looking into options and trying to decide what I want to do for winter housing.
Thinking I might pick out a different bird every few weeks to take pics of and post just to have something going on here.
Posted the silver Crele cockerel. Ive got a few so will be picking 2 or 3 to keep. Probably grab a few more pics in a few days. Before moving on to something else.
:plbb High of 61 today

Back
Top Bottom