The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Finished this thread!
don't know that much about genetics and don't have any leghorns but they're beautiful.
:bow:love
Thank you so much.
Love it when someone takes the time to go through the thread.
Really cool when they aren't a leghorn or genetics freak and still make it through.

So how bout them MF's?

:pop

imagegif_0_2.gif

How 'bout them??

Thank you so much.
Love it when someone takes the time to go through the thread.
Really cool when they aren't a leghorn or genetics freak and still make it through.
I'm only genetics freak adjacent. I'm on the other end of the spectrum in breeds though. I like my hefty birds. They are tasty.

I'm only genetics freak adjacent. I'm on the other end of the spectrum in breeds though. I like my hefty birds. They are tasty.
I had hefty birds (orps) that I got out of to concentrait on the leghorns. I liked them but wasn't impressed with the slow maturity rate and amount of feed it took to get them there.
Don't tell anyone but I actually still have a few birds that aren't leghorns. Here's a couple hefty ones.
20201108_162018(1).jpg

Theyre still in the works. Didn't do much with them this year. I will next year.
Not easy to make progress with every project every season with limited pens, brooders, incubator space, etc.
Not to mention not owning a feed mill. Also Mare is constantly on me about quit hatching so many, you already have too many, you need to sell some, etc.

Theyre still in the works. Didn't do much with them this year. I will next year.
Not easy to make progress with every project every season with limited pens, brooders, incubator space, etc.
Not to mention not owning a feed mill. Also Mare is constantly on me about quit hatching so many, you already have too many, you need to sell some, etc.
You left out the part where I said to move the MF to the top of the project list.

Also.... More heavy birds are needed. 😍
@OneHappyRooster

Back
Top Bottom