The Moonshiner's Leghorns

I've always called it roan
? Show?
My very uneducated self would probably say "that pretty brown color, you know the one? That one. The chocolate thingie."
I don’t know whether I like it better than gold duckwing though. It is very warm and soft, though it doesn’t have the same contrast. I think they have equal merits to me I suppose.

? Show?

I don’t know whether I like it better than gold duckwing though. It is very warm and soft, though it doesn’t have the same contrast. I think they have equal merits to me I suppose.
20200530_122930.jpg
20200825_073618.jpg

And then here's the hen that threw the chocolate and looks like her sister or mom that threw the roan
20200920_180009.jpg

Oh yeah, she looks like khaki gold duckwing.
Is that just normal gold duckwing? Or yet another weird color? It's the same color as one of my golds I got from a hatchery (the other looks almost silver).

Moonshiner And Amer, I give you much applause knowing these genetics just from pictures

Update....
Miserable here. Been upper 90s. Breaking 100° today.
Outdoor work has been tiring.
I've been losing some chicks. Too hot even without any lights.
Expect hatch rates to go down with fresh eggs being in this heat.
Wood prices are ridiculous so a lot of plans on hold.
20210620_155634.jpg

Is that just normal gold duckwing? Or yet another weird color? It's the same color as one of my golds I got from a hatchery (the other looks almost silver).

Moonshiner And Amer, I give you much applause knowing these genetics just from pictures
I see a normal gold duckwing but the "pyle" is considered "khaki" I think.
Thanks for the applause!

Back
Top Bottom