The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Really? I figured the silvera, but my light brown looks different enough than my pheonixes which are considered Duckwing
Light brown Leghorns don’t have shafting like Phoenixes, but no one has ever identified a shafting gene (though it is obviously controlled by genetics.)
Phoenix colors are really confusing. It seems like you can’t show gold duckwing phoenix hens and that the “golden” hens are actually silver duckwing? And then “black-breasted red” Phoenix is red duckwing.
But “black-breasted red” in Cubalayas is actually red wheaten or call it “cinnamon” if you will, at least that makes sense. And then “wheaten” Marans are red wheaten, if you think that’s too long, which it isn’t, call it cinnamon.
I am an American purist. Not stupid though, like many are.
I can go on. Also, many Americans don’t know what partridge is because of the confusing names. Not that other countries have it better and they only confuse us more. They call duckwing partridge and partridge “Asian partridge” in the Netherlands.

The website should have a waiver...
A cartoon of @The Moonshiner sitting in a leather chair holding out his hands to you.

Displayed on his hands are two pills to click on.

Click the blue pill and you'll be kicked out and think and believe that there are just a few varieties of Leghorns out there.

Click the red pill,come inside and see how deep the rabbit hole goes...

I'm going to get this ish rolling whether he's ready or not. It's past due.
giphy (7).gif

Back
Top Bottom