The Moonshiner's Leghorns

What can I say?
I've seen lanky Anconas and stouter ones like the one I have.
I took your word for it them being Leghorns.
😘
Thb though, Anconas and Leghorns are the same breed though. Typewise, their standard might be slightly different but it really isn’t when you realize no bird is perfect. I’m not saying breeds should be defined by their worst examples, but I actually am.
But Anconas are a definite breed because because they are a historical type that needs to be preserved, one that would soon die out or become low quality if it were just another variety of “Leghorn.”
maybe their personality is also different
940E441C-0CB4-44D0-AAB4-B07A2D0A7543.png
142F9F32-C4E4-4EA1-B822-446787C9502C.png
B76CCCDC-A077-4A1B-ADE7-CCDE4E8F5381.png

Hat off to you Miami, for being right. But they’re still Anconas.

I wonder if in other countries the Standards are different?

Thb though, Anconas and Leghorns are the same breed though. Typewise, their standard might be slightly different but it really isn’t when you realize no bird is perfect. I’m not saying breeds should be defined by their worst examples, but I actually am.
But Anconas are a definite breed because because they are a historical type that needs to be preserved, one that would soon die out or become low quality if it were just another variety of “Leghorn.”
maybe their personality is also different View attachment 2778332View attachment 2778333View attachment 2778334
Hat off to you Miami, for being right. But they’re still Anconas.

I wonder if in other countries the Standards are different?
Nice pic.

Yeah I read about Anconas and Leghorns being from the same origins.
I have enough Red Leghorn pullets to start my side project of Red Anconas,but now I'm torn because I would like to start a Red Mottled Leghorn project.Since they both have almost the same origins should I just call it my Red Mottled Leghorn project and shelve the Ancona one?
Or should I find a known Black Mottled Leghorn rooster and go from there?

Yeah I read about Anconas and Leghorns being from the same origins.
I have enough Red Leghorn pullets to start my side project of Red Anconas,but now I'm torn because I would like to start a Red Mottled Leghorn project.Since they both have almost the same origins should I just call it my Red Mottled Leghorn project and shelve the Ancona one?
Or should I find a known Black Mottled Leghorn rooster and go from there?
Moony
I am incoherent

Back
Top Bottom