The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Writing a book is just the beginning. Then you have to promote it, go to book signings, travel across the country to libraries, etc. All of this gets in the way of hatching chicks.
I think you can get most of all that done on social media now days.

*koff
C495ED3C-4739-4D2A-90CC-30B95B148315.jpeg

I got home to 5 more hatched.
They better all be done now I need to move the next batch in today.
Well found 4 more pipped.
Cleaning one hatcher now. I'll move those and any others I find to it when I'm done then clean the other and move the next eggs to both.
D@mn late hatchers.

Well found 4 more pipped.
Cleaning one hatcher now. I'll move those and any others I find to it when I'm done then clean the other and move the next eggs to both.
D@mn late hatchers.
What is your hatch percentage approx from viable eggs?

Moonshiner, I have possibly another odd question for you

If you had the space the size of a cowtag to put all the information you thought someone should know about an individual bird for breeding, what would you put there?

So far I have breed, color/variety, and DoB.

I'm setting up my rooster room a bit and I'm planning to have a cowtag on each cage with information and figure it would be best to have things that most people could pick up without much difficulty and make it easier for them to know which bird I'm talking about
I really don't know. Never really thought about it.
All I do is make up an abbreviation for every pen I set up then toe mark them.
I have a piece of cardboard with all the toe punch options and I write the abbreviations in the box with which toe punch those get.
Some different pens have the same punch if there's no chance of getting confused. Like MF and Black, Exchequer and Silver Duckwing etc.
I have a notebook with the abbreviations wrote down and exactly what patterns went into what to make that pen. I never look at it unless I'm writing something new down.
I keep way too much in my head. I should write more down. Maybe write a book or something.

Back
Top Bottom