The Moonshiner's Leghorns

@JacinLarkwell
That guy won't sell eggs because he makes more profit selling chicks and he's not looking to ship chicks anytime soon because he isn't hatching enough right now to not sell out local.
If you're talking about Ayam guy - can't you just buy the eggs for Jacin, and he can reimburse you and pay for you to ship?

It'll be good practice for your future egg shipments.

If you're talking about Ayam guy - can't you just buy the eggs for Jacin, and he can reimburse you and pay for you to ship?

It'll be good practice for your future egg shipments.
He won't sell eggs.
I'll keep checking. Maybe he will quit hatching for the season or something and then I can talk him out of some.

He won't sell eggs.
I'll keep checking. Maybe he will quit hatching for the season or something and then I can talk him out of some.
Ohhhh. I thought you meant he just wouldn't ship.

Well that only leaves one logical option left:
Buy a trio and ship the eggs yourself.

Ohhhh. I thought you meant he just wouldn't ship.

Well that only leaves one logical option left:
Buy a trio and ship the eggs yourself.
I think he's asking $25 a day old.
Maybe I'll go buy a trio of quail and try to pick some eggs up while I'm there. You know?

They are rubbermaid for the most part though I have a couple of heavy duty tubs that were given to me and don't have a brand name stamped on them. These are from Walmart. I think 2 of them are 100 gallon, 2 70 gallon, 2 50 gallon, and I have 1 30 gallon that I use for small hatches.

The chicken pen is 3 ft by 8 ft by 3 feet high with a door that opens in the middle so I can reach to either end. It is 1/2 inch galvanized wire mesh with a wooden framework. I can put up to 150 chicks in it at a time so long as they are no larger than a 3 week chick. I start pulling out the larger chicks around 6 weeks. It is very important to have 2 or more heat bulbs with this setup as the chicks will pile up which can kill them. With multiple bulbs, they spread out.

There have been few problems with predators. I lost a couple to a fox and a couple of young chickens were taken by a hawk so far this year. I can ignore losses of 4 birds.

I feed 27% to chicks (chickens only, turkeys get 30%) and 22% to hens that are not laying. When they are laying, I feed all they can eat whole kernel corn along with 30% feed as much as they want. I could increase chick growth rate a bit with higher protein feed, but it can be counterproductive with large fowl chickens. They can grow faster than I like which affects their body shape and feather colors. For laying chickens, the common 22% feed is not good enough IMO.

I bred a high protein corn a few years ago that I love to feed to my chickens when I have it. I put 5 gallons of corn in a bucket and fill it with water. Two days later I pour it out for the chickens. The chickens gobble it up like candy. This corn is high enough protein that free range chickens increase egg production about 10% as compared to 22% commercial chicken feed. The reason is that my corn has much more natural methionine than any commercially available hybrid corn.
That is so cool! I want to be a plant breeder someday.

But anyways that's the extent of my Facebook experience and I've done fine without one.
Well you can have a business page now. You can't openly sell animals though. But there are ways to get around that for those in the know.
on the nose hints GIF by Efteling

Um... You're going to be our networking guy. ☺
You know I'm in Marketing...lol
I suddenly feel parched...
Literally. I've been thirsty all morning. That did not help.
The trailer is the gateway.
Indeed.
Now you know how I feel. 🤷‍♀️
Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Or at least not how I should be reading it...
Like in the way my daddy would pick up some eggs? If so, yes. Yes I know.
See gif above. Or fig if you're King.

Back
Top Bottom