The Moonshiner's Leghorns

@The Moonshiner, do leghorns come in different sizes?
Ya they come in large fowl and bantam.
There's some differences in the LF though. Show lines are sometimes a little larger then they should be. Production lines are often a little smaller.
Once upon a time I was working on a mini size for a minute. I think there's a pic somewhere in here.

I do not sound like a woodsy, hillbilly when I'm sipping my tea with my English chickens, talking about a perfectly respectful breed from the UN and European Union by calling them LEggHeRnS! Just like nobody pronounced this character FogHORN LegURN.

The people at Warner Brothers even gave you a name to rhyme it with for crying out loud!
I am a woodsy hillbilly and have always pronounced it like that. That's how I grew up hearing it.
No, Foghorn Leghorn is pronounced different. I didn't know if they did it that way to make it rhythm or if they were just ignorant city folk.
Too funny

Moony has some. Hopefully he'll come answer that question for himself. I have no clue.
Don't be a
5qlejr.gif

I got rid of the bantams years ago.
No they never seemed popular and were actually hard to come by.
Ya eggs were probably 1/2 the size but the only difference eating them were you did more cracking.

I do not sound like a woodsy, hillbilly when I'm sipping my tea with my English chickens, talking about a perfectly respectful breed from the UN and European Union by calling them LEggHeRnS! Just like nobody pronounced this character FogHORN LegURN.

The people at Warner Brothers even gave you a name to rhyme it with for crying out loud!
I agree, Leggern is sickening even if old news

WTF? I'm like 168 pages behind.
Is Dawg back? Colt? Dawg Colt?
EF565AF6-85D6-4BE2-8445-EA80470882DB.jpeg

I am not Dawg! Lmao 🤣
I am a woodsy hillbilly and have always pronounced it like that. That's how I grew up hearing it.
No, Foghorn Leghorn is pronounced different. I didn't know if they did it that way to make it rhythm or if they were just ignorant city folk.
Too funny
LegHORN! @Overo Mare you might need to share some screenshots with him of that particular melt down in a pm. 😅
I agree, Leggern is sickening even if old news
Thank you! Just saying leggern makes me watch to watch Steel Magnolias and sit on the porch sipping PBR (in the can), covered with grandchildren sayin’ no! And stop that!
Steel Magnolias GIF by Filmin

Back
Top Bottom