The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Murray McMurray
It seems that the Reds I got from them though, are already larger than the Browns and Silver hens that I got from them last year.Also, I got some Browns from Cackle and they are larger as well. So I'm thinking possibly the Silvers and Browns are suffering from inbreeding?
But this is all academic,I just need to know WTF is going on with the hatchabilty issue.

Last edited:
Would there be another breed for selection besides the Swedish Flower?
Chicken genetics is still a mystery to me. That was my best guess. I bought my first assorted flavor banty Cochins this summer. I’m a long way from MF. I’m gonna start with the newbie combos of black, blue, splash and see how that goes.

It seems that the Reds I got from them though, are already larger than the Browns and Silver hens that I got from them last year.Also, I got some Browns from Cackle and they are larger as well. So I'm thinking possibly the Silver are suffering from inbreeding?
But this is all academic,I just need to know WTF is going on with the hatchabilty issue.
My red had problems growing. She was the runtiest thing I had this year that survived

Back
Top Bottom