The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Female blue gold duckwing.
AmusedGrippingAsianwaterbuffalo-size_restricted.gif

If you're new here here's a simple game.
I'll post a bird and you'll figure out the color/pattern genes it has.
View attachment 3143876

View attachment 3143877
What are you looking for to know the gender is female? I was going to guess female, but it was a guess based on some chicks I have that seem to be girls when the dark brown stripe is really dark? The boys seem to have lighter center streak colors? Not the best pictures…but you can at least see the coloring a little? Am I just making things up? 😆 What pattern gene are these? Also duck wing? I’m very new to pattern genes and trying to learn! Thanks! :)

Attachments

• F1DE77DA-4E55-4C87-95E1-11D545E01721.jpeg
    F1DE77DA-4E55-4C87-95E1-11D545E01721.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 3
  • D63FA7DA-A61C-47A0-B7E7-D4A8AA3DA2D4.jpeg
    D63FA7DA-A61C-47A0-B7E7-D4A8AA3DA2D4.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 3
  • E7E6B675-711D-4684-B5AC-D7F26CB47BF8.jpeg
    E7E6B675-711D-4684-B5AC-D7F26CB47BF8.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 3
What are you looking for to know the gender is female? I was going to guess female, but it was a guess based on some chicks I have that seem to be girls when the dark brown stripe is really dark? The boys seem to have lighter center streak colors? Not the best pictures…but you can at least see the coloring a little? Am I just making things up? 😆 What pattern gene are these? Also duck wing? I’m very new to pattern genes and trying to learn! Thanks! :)
The game is "What's in my genes?". He posts a pic of a chick or adult, and we guess what color and pattern they are.

The game is "What's in my genes?". He posts a pic of a chick or adult, and we guess what color and pattern they are.
Oh yeah, I understand the game! I should have replied using the one where he asked you the gender. I guess I was thinking that there is way for you to guess gender on the duck wing types based on his question? Sorry that was a confusing way to ask…it was late 😆

Oh yeah, I understand the game! I should have replied using the one where he asked you the gender. I guess I was thinking that there is way for you to guess gender on the duck wing types based on his question? Sorry that was a confusing way to ask…it was late 😆
Supposedly you can tell gender on some lines by certain traits. I think the mascara is one way

Back
Top Bottom