The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Joey Mcintyre Comedy GIF by Pop TV
Those kids look like they already ate all the cookies 😂😂😂😭

Anyone want to throw their 2 cents in on how this could have happened.....

I set 14 eggs (7 from each group) 13 chicks hatched

Black Rooster over Blue, Black, Cuckoo hens..... have always had blue, black, cuckoo and splash chicks from them...

Double gene Cuckoo Rooster over Cuckoo and Blue Hens (the 2 blue hens are bred from the first group)

Where did the 2 light brown chicks come from and whats hiding where? Possibilities? 20220918_183831.jpg 20220918_155617.jpg

@Chookwagn
I already posted this in a PM, so some have seen it already. This pullet came from black roo over black and blue.View attachment 3264521
Yes She's a good looker!

I guess I have something hiding in my Roosters genes.... will be interesting to see what I get with next weekends hatch.... I have about 18 eggs from that same group hatching...

I guess I'll have more brown chicks....

Anyone want to throw their 2 cents in on how this could have happened.....

I set 14 eggs (7 from each group) 13 chicks hatched

Black Rooster over Blue, Black, Cuckoo hens..... have always had blue, black, cuckoo and splash chicks from them...

Double gene Cuckoo Rooster over Cuckoo and Blue Hens (the 2 blue hens are bred from the first group)

Where did the 2 light brown chicks come from and whats hiding where? Possibilities?View attachment 3264487View attachment 3264488
Unsure which pen they came from?
Neither rooster shows any amount of leakage? Has any of their previous offspring? Have you kept previous offspring until grown?
Looks like some are carrying a different pattern underneath. I've down a lot with black/duckwing. The adult females can hide duckwing really well but the roosters not as well. The chicks had to have got it from both sides so one of roosters and at least one hen is to blame.

Back
Top Bottom