The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Chocolate cuckoo M Xs black F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Chocolate cuckoo pullets

Chocolate cuckoo M Xs blue F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Blue single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Chocolate cuckoo pullets. Mauve (chocolate and blue) cuckoo pullets

Black M Xs Lavender cuckoo F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry lavender. Black pullets

Blue M Xs Lavender cuckoo F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry lavender. Blue single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry lavender. Black pullets. Blue pullets.

Black M Xs chocolate cuckoo F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Black pullets

Blue M Xs chocolate cuckoo F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Blue single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Black pullets. Blue pullets.
Anything that carries Lavender but doesn't show it will have a 50% chance of passing it on.
Your males might be a cuckoo (lighter one) and a single gene cuckoo. If so the single gene will throw half cuckoo and half solid but other wise same as above.

If you're going for golds I'd go right to them and get rid of the silver asap
If you have them I'd breed a gold duckwing male to blue hens. Assuming the blues are silver based you'd get pullets that are gold based and cockerels that are silver/gold.
Then you have options but the fastest would be breeding the gold duckwing male to all the blue offspring pullets. All those babies will be gold based and half will be duckwing. Both sexes.

If you're going for golds I'd go right to them and get rid of the silver asap
If you have them I'd breed a gold duckwing male to blue hens. Assuming the blues are silver based you'd get pullets that are gold based and cockerels that are silver/gold.
Then you have options but the fastest would be breeding the gold duckwing male to all the blue offspring pullets. All those babies will be gold based and half will be duckwing. Both sexes.
Awesome. I've got lots of gold duckwing boys (that carry all sorts of things). I'll just have to really hunt for some blue eggs now this spring.
Random question:
Did they use leghorns to create the Phoenix chicken?
I don't think so, but I also haven't found much at all about their make up other than they were developed in england(?) From long tailed breeds

Awesome. I've got lots of gold duckwing boys (that carry all sorts of things). I'll just have to really hunt for some blue eggs now this spring.

I don't think so, but I also haven't found much at all about their make up other than they were developed in england(?) From long tailed breeds
The reason I ask is they have similar build and that white earlob. I think it was developed in Germany. Also the giant comb.

Back
Top Bottom