The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Dumb raccoons. I'm going to set the traps again today with some new bait and lock the barn up and see what I get. I just have to get a bunch of mulch/wood chips spread before I can do that.
What kind of traps are you using?

I hadn't noticed anything here until yesterday. I bought more feed then I could properly store last time. I just left the last few bags on top of the chest feeder and was using it first. I was down to a half a bag and left it setting with the top rolled shut.
When I came in something had tore it open and had the feed spread out. Too much of a mess not to expect something like a raccoon. Then I found a dead bird pulled up against a cage door. My damn replacement Isabella cockerel.
I didn't have a lot of time but set the live trap and 3 dog proof traps. Caught those 2 overnight. Now to see if that was it or I'm dealing with a mob of them.
Damn

I had my first racoon ever kill something out of my big coop like two weeks ago. I've had two live traps set every night but haven't caught anything yet, ugh

What kind of traps are you using?
Two cage-style Hav-a-Harts. I usually have pretty good luck with them. I usually add some chicken food and a couple of eggs and have really good luck with them. I haven't been using them the last few weeks because I keep catching hens in them when they are free-ranging. lol

Two cage-style Hav-a-Harts. I usually have pretty good luck with them. I usually add some chicken food and a couple of eggs and have really good luck with them. I haven't been using them the last few weeks because I keep catching hens in them when they are free-ranging. lol
Do you have any parts left from the last kill? One of our friends usually goes that route with the live trap. Nasty, but usually it works at least once.

I'm all about pimping the dog proof foot holds.
I wasn't impressed when I first saw them and even more so when I bought one.
They are unbelievable. They work so well and also work for possums. I just dump a tad bit of cat food in and if I have an active problem I usually catch something the first night.

Back
Top Bottom