The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Because it was in an ad with other leghorn varieties
Well
If you know you know
Here is an excerpt of a Spanish description of Catalanas that was lost in the translation to English
Large or very large hanging chins, thin and well rounded from below; long neck, thin, erect, with abundant slavery to the back; stretched trunk, cylindrical, but vigorous; slender, straight and elongated chest; long back, of medium width, and inclined from the shoulders to the tail in a straight line with an angle of 40 º with the horizontal

Because it was in an ad with other leghorn varieties
1688744789738.png

As well as Hamburgs. It's all about how the typeface is set in the ad.

SC bantams (Leghorns) in Buff, Blue, Black, Red
Light Brown, Silver, Chocolate, Barred, Golden Neck, and LF Buff (I'd assume all in this row are LF but who knows)
LF and Bantam Buff Catalana
LF Silver Penciled Hamburgs

The way the text appears indicates the other breeds aren't Leghorns. Like if I wrote one:

Fairy Tail Farms
Colt Handorf
(999) 999-9999

English Orpingtons in Blue, Black, Splash, Chocolate, Mauve, Cuckoo: Lavender and Chocolate, Red, Buff, White, Black and Lavender Mottled, Lavender, Isabel Lavender-laced, Gold-laced and Chocolate Gold-laced, and Silver-laced
Araucana in Black and non-standard colors
Sicilian Buttercups
Salmon Faverolles
Serama
Call Ducks in Fawn, Butterscotch, and Blue Bibbed
American Geese in Buff and Blue
Saddleback Pomeranian in Grey
Muscovy in Chocolate and Black Pied, Black, and White

You wouldn't assume all the birds listed were English Orpingtons. You just didn't know what a Catalana was and assumed it was a variety of Leghorn. lol

View attachment 3568992

As well as Hamburgs. It's all about how the typeface is set in the ad.

SC bantams (Leghorns) in Buff, Blue, Black, Red
Light Brown, Silver, Chocolate, Barred, Golden Neck, and LF Buff (I'd assume all in this row are LF but who knows)
LF and Bantam Buff Catalana
LF Silver Penciled Hamburgs

The way the text appears indicates the other breeds aren't Leghorns. Like if I wrote one:

Fairy Tail Farms
Colt Handorf
(999) 999-9999

English Orpingtons in Blue, Black, Splash, Chocolate, Mauve, Cuckoo: Lavender and Chocolate, Red, Buff, White, Black and Lavender Mottled, Lavender, Isabel Lavender-laced, Gold-laced and Chocolate Gold-laced, and Silver-laced
Araucana in Black and non-standard colors
Sicilian Buttercups
Salmon Faverolles
Serama
Call Ducks in Fawn, Butterscotch, and Blue Bibbed
American Geese in Buff and Blue
Saddleback Pomeranian in Grey
Muscovy in Chocolate and Black Pied, Black, and White

You wouldn't assume all the birds listed were English Orpingtons. You just didn't know what a Catalana was and assumed it was a variety of Leghorn. lol
Or maybe it's just hard to wrap your head around the idea when someone has the greatest breed to ever exist that they'd have other breeds as well.

Back
Top Bottom