Advocate of Shiloh
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 8, 2017
Wisconsin
My Coop
My Coop
Please Read First

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.
“Giddy up, Rylie!” All that could be heard above the thunderous din of traffic rushing by was Kyle’s tiny, commanding voice. His beast charged forward with marked speed. He felt a burst of energy as he quickly approached dangerous territory. “
Main Street,” he growled, instinctively leaning into Rylie’s collar.
Rylie streaked across four different lanes, big pink paws slapping the pavement, never stopping once. By the time the pair was safely out of harm’s way, Rylie’s sides were heaving.
“Good boy Rylie,” Kyle said, patting his furry side. “Sorry about that, pal. Should have called an Uber.”
But I couldn’t have. No one can know where I’m going.
Never had visiting a coffee shop been so dangerous.
Rylie’s pace slowed as he approached their target. There before them was a door. An unmovable object for a person his size. Fortunately it was opened for him, and he urged Rylie forward a few more steps before sliding gracefully from his back, landing lightly on the honey-colored wooden floor. It was a quaint little coffee shop, the perfect place to while away your time with friends.
At least that’s what I think you do in coffee shops. I never used one for such a purpose.
A tall man stood over the counter, his hard face and shaded glasses a stark contrast from the yummy, colorful pastries on display in the glass case that he was drumming his fingers on impatiently.
His mouth curved into a smile. “Kitten Rider...” he said.
“Ah, spare me the commentary this time!” Kyle snapped. But the man ignored him.
“You know, most cats would see you as a tasty snack.”
“On the contrary, I have found that a cat will respond to human speech, -no matter how small- in a way that has led me to believe that it triggers thoughts of a long established companionship. Dogs, on the other hand...” Kyle shuddered. He glared at the man still standing over the counter as though from such a distance the man could see the malice on his tiny face through his dark shaded glasses.
“Anyways, I think we’re finally ready,” the man said. “The amulets are glowing a blue I’ve never seen. It’s about time we distribute them. And the chosen ones will come to us.”

Overview: So basically that little dude Kyle just placed a tiny, suspicious looking stone at your character’s house because of some special quality your character has. They are called amulets. They have a quality that makes them impossible to focus on, before the world blurs and takes you to the same place as the mother amulet, which is planted in the coffee shop at the beginning of our story. The amulet will then appear in your character’s hand and though she may throw it aside, they are linked to her and may transport her randomly to another owner of an amulet.
So basically, at the beginning of this story, your chosen character, be it a fantasy being, an average Joe, or even an onlooker who accidentally stumbles upon a not very strategically placed stone meant to be chosen by someone else. Just because the chosen ones have been chosen doesn’t mean they have to look or act a certain way in this world of madness. A centaur, fairy, a talking dog, or an undergraduate, seriously anything goes. The oddness is generally accepted here.
Anyways this character is transported to this humble looking coffee shop and immediately notice my kitty riding pal Kyle and a lot of other people who have strangely appeared.
He tells ‘em game plan, and they go on an adventure.
This was totally unplanned and random and made in a couple of hours.
This is a pretty lax role play so though I guess you better fill out the character sheet, and the only rules I have are the BYC rules.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Reason the person was chosen (or happened upon a stone):

I guess I’ll make Kyle.
Name: Kyle Beck (edited for last name)
Physical description and abilities: A man the size of your hand, neat and trim. His clothes are coarsely stitched doll clothes, however. He has neat brown hair and is clean shaven with a fine structured face. Nimble, and quick for his size. He doesn’t have much of anything for physical abilities but he is never seen without Rylie, a young, incredibly fluffy tabby and white Norwegian Forest cat who helps him get from place to place at least a little faster than his tiny legs, and avoid getting stepped on. (Honestly if you had to pick one cat to go to battle with, would you pick a skinny Siamese or huge, powerful Norwegian Forest cat?
Reason the person was chosen (or happened upon a stone): He basically volunteered himself to Will Laurel. (Hopefully that’s not some celebrity I’ve never heard of whose name sounds interesting.)

Last edited:
Name: Clary Smith
Physical description: 5’8”, she has dirty blonde hair that’s normally tied into a messy bun/ponytail, bright green eyes, and dimples. She normally sports some sort of vintage graphic t-shirt, ripped skinny jeans, and old, dirty, black and white ankle vans in which the shoelaces are never tied. (I’m going to try to draw her).
Abilities: TBD/none
Reason the person was chosen (or happened upon a stone): She was exploring a forest with her friend when she drifted a ways off the path. She she stumbled onto the stone (literally, because long untied shoelaces), and decided to keep it, because nothing bad ever comes out of strange glowing stones found in the middle of the woods.
Personality: She was raised by a teacher as a mother and a cop as a father, so she has a strong sense to do the right thing and follow the rules. Even then, she can be rebellious and is always looking for an adventure. Smart, sarcastic, and extremely loyal to her friends and family.
Other: She’s 18, and has had lots of animals ranging from birds, cats, reptiles, and rodents, but she’s never had a dog. Currently owns six rescued white leghorns, a parakeet named Paradise, and a fluffy, gray, slightly overweight cat named Smokey Bear.

I might add something later, but here she is. :D

Last edited:
Name: Clary Smith
Physical description: 5’8”, she has dirty blonde hair that’s normally tied into a messy bun/ponytail, bright green eyes, and dimples. She normally sports some sort of vintage graphic t-shirt, ripped skinny jeans, and old, dirty, black and white ankle vans in which the shoelaces are never tied. (I’m going to try to draw her).
Abilities: TBD/none
Reason the person was chosen (or happened upon a stone): She was exploring a forest with her friend when she drifted a ways off the path. She she stumbled onto the stone (literally, because long untied shoelaces), and decided to keep it, because nothing bad ever comes out of strange glowing stones found in the middle of the woods.
Personality: She was raised by a teacher as a mother and a cop as a father, so she has a strong sense to do the right thing and follow the rules. Even then, she can be rebellious and is always looking for an adventure. Smart, sarcastic, and extremely loyal to her friends and family.
Other: She’s 18, and has had lots of animals ranging from birds, cats, reptiles, and rodents, but she’s never had a dog. Currently owns six rescued white leghorns, a parakeet named paradise, and a fluffy, gray, slightly overweight cat named Smokey Bear.

I might at something later, but here she is. :D
Accepted

Cartwheels in. (not that I've ever been able to cartwheel) Ok, I fall in on my face and grin stupidly. YAY a roleplay!!

Name: Annie Summer
Physical description and abilities: Age 14, 3'9" Sure she's short, but what does that matter when she can fly. She's all human except for her wasp wings. Short blond hair, and light blue eyes. She usually wears a plain t-shirt and comfortable jeans. She does wear bright colors too, but she'd prefer it be a flashy belt or earrings that really stand out. He wings though they look delicate are actually quite tough, she can easily wear clothes or even a backpack over them with them folded down. But She avoids it because she tends to flutter her giant fly swatters quite a bit.

Although she's normally an overly cheerful person, she can be a bit hot headed if anyone rubs her the wrong way.

Annie official.jpg
Reason the person was chosen (or happened upon a stone): Her dad was chosen for his ability to stay calm and think things through. Annie just happened to be the first one out the door and twisted her ankle on the lump under the door mat.

Last edited:
Cartwheels in. (not that I've ever been able to cartwheel) Ok, I fall in on my face and grin stupidly. YAY a roleplay!!

Name: Annie Summer
Physical description and abilities: Age 14, 3'9" Sure she's short, but what does that matter when she can fly. She's all human except for her wasp wings. Short blond hair, and light blue eyes. She usually wears a plain t-shirt and comfortable jeans. She does wear bright colors too, but she'd prefer it be a flashy belt or earrings that really stand out. He wings though they look delicate are actually quite tough, she can easily wear clothes or even a backpack over them with them folded down. But She avoids it because she tends to flutter her giant fly swatters quite a bit.

Although she's normally an overly cheerful person, she can be a bit hot headed if anyone rubs her the wrong way.

View attachment 1907533
Reason the person was chosen (or happened upon a stone): Her dad was chosen for his ability to stay calm and think things through. Annie just happened to be the first one out the door and twisted her ankle on the lump under the door mat.
(Lol. Accepted!)

Name: Cameron Millian

Physical description and abilities: Brown skin and hair that she keeps in thick, vine like braids that go halfway down her back. Eyes are brown, the color of earth. Always smiling. 5’ 2”, a bit small for a 15 year old. Likes to wear green or blue shirts with sleeves rolled up and khaki or brown capris. Has an unusual control over plants.

Reason the person was chosen (or happened upon a stone: Cameron was chosen for her unusual proficiency in the garden. Plants could grow overnight and a few gentle words spoken could cause a wilted plant to regain vitality. She is known for a vibrant garden full of notoriously difficult plants all in full bloom, and her beautiful bouquets in flower markets. It doesn’t happen often, but when she does get angry, take note of what plants you are standing near. No one wants to get strangled by a raspberry cane.

Last edited:
Name: Lavender Clyne
Physical description and abilities:
ffxiv_09142019_101508_146.png
ffxiv_09142019_101512_619.png

Just fox ears and tail of same hair color, 5'2, no slitted pupils, and no tattoos or markings.
Werefox
Overly kind and lively, always keeps a smile and gives people a chance even when they are unkind to her. Looks for the best in people even when her friends are convinced they have not a drop of good in them. Slightly awkward but shes extroverted and wants to make friends. Always puts her friend's ambitions before her own, rarely thinks of herself. Has a lot of internal struggles due to her past but keeps them bottled up with a canned smile on top so no one notices.
Reason the person was chosen (or happened upon a stone): She took a calming walk through her nearby forest, seeking time to think and possibly find an injured animal to take care of. She stumbled upon the amulet and knowing no one would return to take it she took it home as a keepsake, only to be teleported to the coffee shop. She was chosen due to her compassionate nature and unique honesty against the norm of her species, and to help give her closure with her past.

Back
Top Bottom