The Most Expensive Chicken Coop?

Quote:
Out of curiosity, hubby called the company. A rep just called back and said the square footage is 120 -- and that he just delivered one to Florida with a shipping charge of $3500.
ep.gif

My very first chicken coop was built by me and my dad, in our garage,when I was 31. I think we spent about $150 or so, and not a very efficient use of materials, but my very first chickens did just fine and I have those memories of time spent with my dad. And 10 years later, he's even offered to help me build a new one!

Aw Kansas, that's sweet! My dad just helped me build my first coop and we had a lot of fun doing it (I'm 32). I know it will be a great memory for us sinc we don't spend much time together, living in different states.

I have to say that if you slapped a pre-made $1000 shed on an $800 utility trailer, you wouldn't be far off from having that $15K coop.
tongue.png

A farmer up the road has an old version of this... Idk that I think it is bad... Many people still see them as livestock and don't make pets of them. If it is designed to allow them to come out and free range (which it seems it is) then I think this is an awesome concept. For those of use with lots of land that want to move chickens all around the property, but don't have the ability to get water or electric to that spot....this Is awesome... And, I it is not uncommon fr farmers out by me to be farming THOUSANDS of acres, not just hundreds... These guys are serious... So yeah, I could see if you were into this to produce eggs, fert your property, etc, that this would be well worth the money... And like any building, it should last 30-40 years, so take that 15k and divide it by 30-40... Just my two cents....

I'll build one for you, just supply the trailer and supplies. $1,000 fee. It will probably run you $1,500-2,000 for supplies. More if you want it insulated

Quote:
You're absolutely right: the guy from the company also told my hubby that these are designed for just what you described, people with LARGE "backyards" who see their flocks as production livestock to be pastured all around the available range.

I'd still like to know how you'd get inside to clean it out, since I don't see a "people" door.

inside-ramp-motor.jpg

I would expect better craftsmanship for that kind of cabbage!

So the rain water system is also the fresh water system? I live in suburban Chicago and would not consider our rainwater potable without treatment.

Back
Top Bottom