THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

I enjoy looking at all the pictures. My son is 24yo and has autism. He doesn't get outside much. Since I have gotten the chickens he seems to like going out and seeing what they are doing. I have a hen that likes to roost on my front porch. My son likes going out in the evening and hold her. She flaps her wings
D.gif
and is not happy at all but he says that he likes the wind from her doing that. He just laughs about it. It just amazes me how he interacts with them.

I can totally see him enjoying the chickens...chicken therapy..works for me many a time! Maybe you can catch a cute picture of that...him on the back porch holding that chicken? Would be great! Especially if you catch him during a wing flap and laugh. :))

I'm in lock down with some silkie eggs, but not the ones I'm doing the hatch a long with.

I still have the 7 out of 14 going strong for the hatch a long. Hope they keep going!

I would say it does! Good catch on this one. :)
Thanks!

This is my daughter with her medical bag. She wanted to try to find out why the chickens were not laying eggs yet. They all turned out to be roosters, but she thought for sure she would "fix" them and get them to lay eggs. She was born with a heart condition and after having heart surgery last year she decided to be a doctor. We are new to chicken raising and has since changed her mind and wants to be a "chicken" doctor.

Sweet!

Awwwwww . . . . .

Off for a walk . . . .love the wing action!
Tis fun having a goose! Such a delight... most of the time. This morning I've chased her off of the sunporch 4 times - she comes through the dog door!

I can totally see him enjoying the chickens...chicken therapy..works for me many a time! Maybe you can catch a cute picture of that...him on the back porch holding that chicken? Would be great! Especially if you catch him during a wing flap and laugh. :))
x2

I enjoy looking at all the pictures. My son is 24yo and has autism. He doesn't get outside much. Since I have gotten the chickens he seems to like going out and seeing what they are doing. I have a hen that likes to roost on my front porch. My son likes going out in the evening and hold her. She flaps her wings :cd and is not happy at all but he says that he likes the wind from her doing that. He just laughs about it. It just amazes me how he interacts with them.

:thumbsup LOVE IT!!

Going into lockdown tonight. I started with 20 shipped eggs (replacements read earlier post). After 7 days I was down to 9 eggs that were developing. Kept all of them to candle again at 14 days and still looked like I had 9 developing eggs. Last night took a peek at them again and now down to 6, 3 were quiters. So locking down only 6 eggs tonight, they looked really good at least
fl.gif
. I paid a fortune for these eggs and this ebayer always gets top $. I dont see how when the eggs are less than half of them fertile. Any one else locking down tonight?

Going into lockdown tonight. I started with 20 shipped eggs (replacements read earlier post). After 7 days I was down to 9 eggs that were developing. Kept all of them to candle again at 14 days and still looked like I had 9 developing eggs. Last night took a peek at them again and now down to 6, 3 were quiters. So locking down only 6 eggs tonight, they looked really good at least
fl.gif
. I paid a fortune for these eggs and this ebayer always gets top $. I dont see how when the eggs are less than half of them fertile. Any one else locking down tonight?
Oh I know how you feel. I got shipped eggs once and will never do it again. I had 13 eggs come in 5 or 6 werent even fertile 2 actually made it to lockdown and they didnt even hatch due to humidity issues!
barnie.gif

I paid about 40 dollars for those eggs..... never again....

My little girl with her chicken :love

We all need a laugh once in a while :D This is my sweet little girl again playing with the chickens. My kids haven't killed one yet! The chickens come running when they see the kids comming too. :lol:

This picture was taken by one of my kids and not me.

fl.gif
Ok, good luck! Don't get a back ache if you have one that you have to bend over to watch eggs that are just sitting there for three days!
gig.gif
I say that, because that's what I do, even after all these years of incubating. Wonder if it will be different when I get my new cabinet bator....nah! Just won't have to bend down so far..I hope. It will be on a table top too.
Seriously..hope you get that humidity where you want it, and it stays good for you. Here we go! I go into lock down with my hatch a longs in two days...I am already in lock down with some others, no back ache yet...

Back
Top Bottom