THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Ok, I'm going to put a broody picture up, but she isn't really being weird, I'll start it...if someone think she looks like she's giving a stink eye, then great, but looking forward to some great pictures..there can be some pretty protective mamas out there!
She looks pretty calm here. Pretty little GLRW. :)

I want to join in! I put in 15 eggs a couple hours ago. My last 2 hatches were flops but a family member gave me an old LG still air incubator to replace my homemade one, and these eggs are local instead of shipped so hoping for better luck! Should be a mix of EE's, olive eggers, and BO's.
wee.gif

I want to join in! I put in 15 eggs a couple hours ago. My last 2 hatches were flops but a family member gave me an old LG still air incubator to replace my homemade one, and these eggs are local instead of shipped so hoping for better luck! Should be a mix of EE's, olive eggers, and BO's.
wee.gif

I will put you on the list!
wink.png
if you have Q's let us know and we will answer them!
woot.gif

Yes, they are moving on their own. I couldn't believe it! They were not shipped, I picked them up from someone local. They sat on my counter for two days before setting them. We had pretty warm days (in the 80's) but I was very surprised to see development after only 9 hours in the incubator.

I bought the eggs for my last hatch from the same person and 13 out of 16 hatched. Three were fully developed, two never pipped and were dead and one pipped but then died.

I received my shipped eggs Friday morning and set them late Friday for the Mothers Day hatch, silver and buff laced Brahmas. Out of my 1st ever batch hatch attempt only 1 of 24 shipped eggs hatched. At the 7 day candle 18 eggs were clear and only 6 had embryos. I'm giving the last 3 eggs till tonight to hatch. I bought another Hova-Bater Genesis. The LG has to many temp issues and my Genesis adjusts beautifully to room temp changes. Hope my hatch is better this time, going to lower the humidity a bit also. I have 2 batches hatching the week before the Mothers Day hatch so we will see. Heres a picture of my couple minute old Buff Laced Brahma that hatched Friday night. So cute but very tiny and only baby. Luckily I have 2, 2 week old buff brahma chicks that I have put this little one with the smaller of the 2 and they are getting along well. I will post a picture of my Mothers Day eggs tomorrow.

Last edited:
I received my shipped eggs Friday morning and set them late Friday for the Mothers Day hatch, silver and buff laced Brahmas. Out of my 1st ever batch hatch attempt only 1 of 24 shipped eggs hatched. At the 7 day candle 18 eggs were clear and only 6 had embryos. I'm giving the last 3 eggs till tonight to hatch. I bought another Hova-Bater Genesis. The LG has to many temp issues and my Genesis adjusts beautifully to room temp changes. Hope my hatch is better this time, going to lower the humidity a bit also. I have 2 batches hatching the week before the Mothers Day hatch so we will see. Heres a picture of my couple minute old Buff Laced Brahma that hatched Friday night. So cute but very tiny and only baby. Luckily I have 2, 2 week old buff brahma chicks that I have put this little one with the smaller of the 2 and they are getting along well.

I hope you have better luck this time!!!

Java- LOL How do I find time to turn all those eggs? I MAKE time
wink.png
lol Honestly though, I love incubating and I don't mind turning eggs. I'm a stay at home mom and its much more fun that cleaning
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom