THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

ep.gif
GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED THEM TO HATCH!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
WHY DOES IT SEEM THAT WHEN YOU NEED THEM TO HATCH, THEY DON'T
smack.gif
AND WHEN YOU DON'T NEED THEM, THEY HATCH OUT IN DROVES?!?!?!?!
th.gif
EDIT TO SAY MAYBE I SHOULD START SAYING.......... I DON'T NEED THEM, I DON'T NEED THEM, I DON'T NEED THEM, I DONT NEED THEM...............

Yeah, I don't need them either
gig.gif

Quote:
Add me too. I just got my coop finished, complete with a baby pen area to solve the "I have no room" problem. The problem is that I still have babies IN the baby pen, which means new babies will have to go in my husbands shed, not the coop. He will not be happy with that idea after all the money and work that went into my coop to avoid the no space issue.

Last edited:
Add me too. I just got my coop finished, complete with a baby pen area to solve the "I have no room" problem. The problem is that I still have babies IN the baby pen, which means new babies will have to go in my husbands shed, not the coop. He will not be happy with that idea after all the money and work that went into my coop to avoid the no space issue.

my husband fusses all the time about no space.. then turns around and tells me the broody turkey needs eggs... or I really should set more turkey eggs... and yeah... we should get the freedom rangers...

lol.. he's as bad as I am... but refuses to admit it!

barnie.gif
I just remember I did not put those eggs in the incubator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hide.gif
somebody
smack.gif
me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! going to do that now, see you all later!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah yeah, that's hatching chicks 101, place eggs in incubator. . .

Quote: Mothrhen is that your macaw? Ever hatch any parrots? We have 2 females and a male no eggs yet. I suppose that is a good thing or I would be trying to hatch them.

Yeah, that's my bird. I've had him for 20ish years now. I'm guessing it's a him as I've never gotten an egg. However, until recently I've always referred to him as a her. When I realized it probably would've presented an egg by now I made an effort to say him. This bird is perfect, without any vices but, I've never felt like needed another. Long story short, nope. Never tried hatching housebirds. I did move Tica's old cage to the living room to use as a brooder (what else). He let himself out of his cage to go check out what new birds were inhabiting the old "crib". Oh, he did chew up some magazines on the table along the way so, I guess he's not totally without vices.

Ah yeah, that's hatching chicks 101, place eggs in incubator. . .

Yeah, that's my bird. I've had him for 20ish years now. I'm guessing it's a him as I've never gotten an egg. However, until recently I've always referred to him as a her. When I realized it probably would've presented an egg by now I made an effort to say him. This bird is perfect, without any vices but, I've never felt like needed another. Long story short, nope. Never tried hatching housebirds. I did move Tica's old cage to the living room to use as a brooder (what else). He let himself out of his cage to go check out what new birds were inhabiting the old "crib". Oh, he did chew up some magazines on the table along the way so, I guess he's not totally without vices.

he's adorable... we have a bratty African Grey who is smarter than most people I know...

I have hatched out parrot eggs for relatives.. but our grey is all boy (we got him DNA tested just to be sure)... we need to get him a girlfriend some day!

Quote: Certainly more fun to visit than to go it alone.

Update on the serama eggs- one pipped and died unfortunatly, but another managed to hatch just fine. I'm still waiting on one more egg. I hope I'm not stuck with only one serama chick because the only other chicks I have are my 3 week old bantam cochins. They'd probably crush a serama in a second. My second clutch is due next week and going well though so far. Hopefully they'll all make it out okay! I'll take some pics of the serama baby once he's dried off :)
Perhaps you can divid off a section for a seek , providing all the usuall heat etc, and try when the chick is a bit bigger. My 3 week old girls love to take care of little ones. Might be worth a try as the older ones are bantams.

Well, I'm in!
ya.gif
Got some shipped eggs yesterday... pulled out 18 fresh eggs from the 'frig and set whatever else laid between then and now, and ummm, I'll count them later.
Guess I'll be in the late hatcher section but since Java Girl set some about the same time as I, all is fine.

Most of the eggs are from my barnyard flock of mish mash hens all being wooed by a big splash orpington rooster. And the shipped eggs are Seramas... quite the contrast in egg size!

Over 4 more days till I candle.
pop.gif

Perhaps you can divid off a section for a seek , providing all the usuall heat etc, and try when the chick is a bit bigger. My 3 week old girls love to take care of little ones. Might be worth a try as the older ones are bantams.

good idea... the lil guy's just so tiny though! Anyway I have him settled in the brooder with a stuffed elephant for now. The other egg looks like it will hatch so I'm not too worried and I can always pick up an old english chickor two from tsc if I have too :)

Back
Top Bottom