THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

emu baby is working on hatching..

Pictures>>soon!
ya.gif
This old lady can't jump up and down in real life, so this is fun..
ya.gif
Or run...
wee.gif
But I can still do this, a little bit.
celebrate.gif

Seriously though..pictures of this baby when it's hatched!! They are pretty cute little critters. And I hear they are smart!

I see development in the toaster oven eggs!
big_smile.png
I didn't think it was going to work.... just hope they don't stop now
fl.gif
I can't believe you are incubating in a toaster!
cool.png
Cool.

Arielle, Yinepu, and Cynthia, I just loved reading the last 50 posts or so. You are all so open and willing to share your experiences and teach others. I love the rationed explanations and considerations of different methods. Yinepu, I look forward to the day that I am as calm and confident about incubation as you are!

Today is Day 10, I believe.

Not a great picture for the air cell. During this hatch, they were all mostly on one side because I didn't have my automatic turner exactly upright when they rested.
roll.png
I like the layers in this one though.

Thank you all for the nice comments about those cutie GNHs! They are the most subdued chicks I have ever seen - so strange! They are just calm - no frantic chasing, no excited scratching, not so far anyway. Funny little things.

Here's a gratuitous picture of a Basque Hen (Euskal Oiloa) chick from the Easter Hatch, just for fun.
big_smile.png

Pictures>>soon!
ya.gif
This old lady can't jump up and down in real life, so this is fun..
ya.gif
Or run...
wee.gif
But I can still do this, a little bit.
celebrate.gif

Seriously though..pictures of this baby when it's hatched!! They are pretty cute little critters. And I hear they are smart!
I'll be sure to post more pics.. and yeah.. they are funny critters.. watching the older babies outside is better than watching tv!
Oh my word! That emu egg is gorgeous!!!
they are.. and it seems that every egg is just a little bit different.. either in color or texture
I can't believe you are incubating in a toaster!
cool.png
Cool.

Arielle, Yinepu, and Cynthia, I just loved reading the last 50 posts or so. You are all so open and willing to share your experiences and teach others. I love the rationed explanations and considerations of different methods. Yinepu, I look forward to the day that I am as calm and confident about incubation as you are!

Today is Day 10, I believe.

Not a great picture for the air cell. During this hatch, they were all mostly on one side because I didn't have my automatic turner exactly upright when they rested.
roll.png
I like the layers in this one though.

Thank you all for the nice comments about those cutie GNHs! They are the most subdued chicks I have ever seen - so strange! They are just calm - no frantic chasing, no excited scratching, not so far anyway. Funny little things.

Here's a gratuitous picture of a Basque Hen (Euskal Oiloa) chick from the Easter Hatch, just for fun.
big_smile.png

love.gif
that chick is adorable..

if the emu chick hasn't hatched by the time I go to bed I'll check on him when my husband gets up to go to work.. lol.. yeah.. i can sleep right through a hatch!
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
yesss.gif

That is just awesome. Emus are amazing.
they are.. amazing.. funny.. insane.. big goofballs that can keep you entertained for days!
What a gorgeous egg! Does the texture feel the way it looks?
yeah it does.. some are smoother than others.. I may have to take a few pics of some of the different shells that I have waiting to be carved

So exciting!! I just candled the duck eggs (only day 5, but I'm on the edge of my seat!) and I could detect the slightest veining in the few I checked! I've been so worried that I had ruined them learning to operate this darn thing!
ya.gif

I am so excited. I got my turkey eggs in the mail today. So now I get to try to be patient and wait for another hatch date. I am trying not to stress out with all the soon to be hatching going on. I feel like I am constantly on here looking up info.

I am so excited. I got my turkey eggs in the mail today. So now I get to try to be patient and wait for another hatch date. I am trying not to stress out with all the soon to be hatching going on. I feel like I am constantly on here looking up info.

I am only 5 days in and going crazy! Then I have a batch of eggs coming in the mail RIGHT after the expected hatch date for these guys
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom