THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Just candled (day 11) 6 of the 8 orp eggs are growing
and have nice size air cells. I took the clear one out I
left the IFy one in but I know it's not good :(

I candled my wheaten Ameraucana, (day 5)
6 of the 7 eggs have veins. I'll leave the 7th
egg in for a few more days just to be sure.

I bought a styrofoam bator for a hatcher.
But chicken math got me again.
It now has 6 cream legbar, 6 Appen spitz,
and 7 mottled Java. Set today.
Haha!!!!!! (dry method eggs facing up)

and I may be getting
12 welsummer
and 6 Barnevelder

This is getting out of control.

Well my broody got bullied off her nest sometime yesterday .... So when I went down to feed them this morning her 4 eggs were ice cold and she was sitting on the decoy broody nest I set up for my other cochin bantam who is thinking about going broody.... I took them upstairs and put them in the incubator. The silkie egg was clear but the Marans eggs are so dark that I can not see into them.... So I'm down from 4 under broody to at least 3 probably 0...... So hard being the lowest chicken in the pecking order.... She just wants to be a mommy poor thing
hit.gif
aaggjg.... that poor girlie... I feel her pain. Bullies. No ****** good, ya know? Hope that you're hatching other great eggs.... I'm ordering from "bargain". I know it's a long way and shipped eggs have been a bummer so far, but I've just gotta try again..... just gotta. when I get them, maybe you can help me out? We're close enough!.. Looks like my English Orp seller may send replacements... I didn't ask her or anything. So so so kind. I hope I do them justice. Think I may have had a bum thermometer. Oooooh if it's that easy... wouldn't it be awesome?

I bought some chicks that were hatched from Bargain in Feb...lav ameraucanas.....the hatcher had a great hatch rate and they were gorgeous chicks. Super bouncy and healthy :) They made it from GA to UT so hope you have good luck as well.

Cynthia thanks for asking!

They are so cute!!! And the hen is such a good Momma!

See the one under her?
Oh how darling! I love these! Keep that last picture, could enter that one in a contest!! The mama looks so proud. :)) Thank you for sharing.

I bought some chicks that were hatched from Bargain in Feb...lav ameraucanas.....the hatcher had a great hatch rate and they were gorgeous chicks. Super bouncy and healthy
smile.png
They made it from GA to UT so hope you have good luck as well.

Ours?
wink.png

Last edited:
I still have the 7 out of 14 going strong. Sure hope they make it through lock down...Next Tues, being lock down day!

.. I'm ordering from "bargain". I know it's a long way and shipped eggs have been a bummer so far, but I've just gotta try again..... just gotta. when I get them, maybe you can help me out? We're close enough!.. Looks like my English Orp seller may send replacements... I didn't ask her or anything. So so so kind. I hope I do them justice. Think I may have had a bum thermometer. Oooooh if it's that easy... wouldn't it be awesome?
I've had a decent hatch rate with shipped eggs, and I've had them come from Tennesse to California. And Bargain is a very reputable breeder, I'd buy from her if I could. Hope your replacement eggs do well!

Looks like one of my BO is broody. Good thing I'm working on a new chicken pen, she shall be separated as soon as she has stolen enough eggs.

Back
Top Bottom