THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

I miscounted yesterday, I had 11 of 12 make it to lockdown. When I went to bed last night I had 7 pips I could see, and woke up to 3 little chickies this morning!! And another is zipping right now!

I don't use the plugs at all.  Even during incubation..just get the humidity and temps where I want them, then keep the plugs out.  I even made two more holes in the top of one of my bators to keep the air circulating more. 

I don't know why they include the plugs. A hen gives her babies lots of fresh air, by getting up, lifting up, puffing up her feathers. I haven't used them for a long time. Usually I just don't add water until around day 15 then I slowly increase it until day 18. Then add through vent holes.

Have never hatched in bator OR with broody until this morning(moms day) and have 3 ba out of 17 eggs so far. Broody is a 4yo salmon faverolles that showed me what broody meant a couple of years ago when she didn't come in and found her after 1 day(naughty chicken!) I decided to try her some day and she has succeeded. Good job Suzette and happy mothers day!!!!!!!!

Happy Mothers day !
wee.gif
Happy Mothers Day everyone!

I wish I could have joined, my OEGB started laying some fertile eggs on the 2nd of May. So far I have collected 4, and I'm hoping to get to 6-12.

Is there going to be a Father's Day Hatch-Along?
cool.png

I have seven babies! One egg stopped developing back in the second week and I have one zipped that looks like it died and one that pipped but with no movement. I have two eggs left that hopefully will hatch today.

I have seven babies! One egg stopped developing back in the second week and I have one zipped that looks like it died and one that pipped but with no movement. I have two eggs left that hopefully will hatch today.

Did you have the plugs in? If you did that is probably what happened, I'm sorry your babies didn't hatch. Have a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY anyways.
Michele

Hey where are all the chick pic's. Most should have hatched yesterday. I had only one hatched as of this morning, and no other pips, before I left for work this morning. Question....what is a sizzle?

Back
Top Bottom