THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Very exciting!!! My children love to see the hatching every time (8 and 10 yo) THey check the incubator in the morning before I do!!

Glad you both get to see the hatching process!!!!!!!!!

I love it!
It's been like, almost a week since Mother's Day and this thread is still going strong!
woot.gif

Ok, peeps, it's been over 8 hours and very little progress here. UGH! I can hear peeping, though. I'm wondering when the babies are coming out! My little friend had to go home and was so sad she didn't get to see one hatching.

I need advice...I decided to candle my eggs...the ones that were due to hatch yesterday...and well some stayed really warm and some cooled down real fast. Someone said the ones that are cold are the ones that are dead because they don't produce body heat. Well I opened them and none were fertile. No speck of blood or veining, nothing. But does that mean the other warmer ones might be alive? Or should I just give up. Remember, these are the pullet eggs where the roo died a few days after the girls started laying and I'm pretty sure I saw a bulls eye in one of the eggs. so if none of these other ones were even fertile should I just give up on these other ones. They aren't doing anything.

Yeah that's why I didn't put her in before but now she's moving around okay.... She's in the brooder with 6 silkies.... I just feel like she needs a mama but she has stopped her constant chirping so that is good
smile.png
caf.gif
WATCHING, WATCHING..... TAKING NOTES...... LEARNING..... I'm so happy that wee one did OK!

I have 3 diff hatch dates going on for myself right now! I can't wait! I have more eggs coming my way can't wait. I am very Bad LOL not I just like hatching. This is my first time hatching egg's so I hope it goes well for me wish me great luck.

Back
Top Bottom