THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Testing tapatalk

3281a90b-2822-da56.jpg

Where's Waldo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Okay I think I am done with my hatch .... I still have my eggs hopeless in the bator but it is day 23-24 so tonight they'll go in the trash as trash collection is tomorrow!

I hatched 8 out 14 BBS Marans 57% Hatch rate on shipped eggs .... I happy with that
D.gif
My silkies on the other hand were dreadful.... 4 out of 24 hatched...... 4..... 16% hatch rate .....
hit.gif
oh well the 4 I got are very cute ... 1 blue, 1 black, 1 Partridge and 1 lavender ..... so that being said here is my 1st entry to the cutest chick contest:

Partridge Silke Cutest Chick entry #1

Okay I think I am done with my hatch .... I still have my eggs hopeless in the bator but it is day 23-24 so tonight they'll go in the trash as trash collection is tomorrow!

I hatched 8 out 14 BBS Marans 57% Hatch rate on shipped eggs .... I happy with that
D.gif
My silkies on the other hand were dreadful.... 4 out of 24 hatched...... 4..... 16% hatch rate .....
hit.gif
oh well the 4 I got are very cute ... 1 blue, 1 black, 1 Partridge and 1 lavender ..... so that being said here is my 1st entry to the cutest chick contest:

Partridge Silke Cutest Chick entry #1

At least you got some chicks!
wee.gif
I think Silkies are hard to hatch in general. I had a problem with both of my batches.... Or maybe its my incubating skills....
lau.gif

Well I can't believe how long this hatch took. I haven't gotte another chick since day before yesterday that belonged in that hatch. I did get 4 little quail last night though
celebrate.gif

So my total hatched was 15 and I lost 2. One of the 15 was also a quail. I should be around the corner dropping some of these off at the auction, but haven't done it and the auction started 7 minutes ago. OOPS!

Well I can't believe how long this hatch took. I haven't gotte another chick since day before yesterday that belonged in that hatch. I did get 4 little quail last night though
celebrate.gif

So my total hatched was 15 and I lost 2. One of the 15 was also a quail. I should be around the corner dropping some of these off at the auction, but haven't done it and the auction started 7 minutes ago. OOPS!
How wonderful to have an auction so close . . . really supports a hatching addiction to have a ready outlet for the chicks!!
D.gif

At least you got some chicks!
wee.gif
I think Silkies are hard to hatch in general. I had a problem with both of my batches.... Or maybe its my incubating skills....
lau.gif
Last time I got 6 out of 12 from the same person.... so this is really pathetic!! But yes I am grateful for the 4 chicks I hatched they are sooo cute and wee next to the Marans....

How wonderful to have an auction so close . . . really supports a hatching addiction to have a ready outlet for the chicks!!
D.gif
I had to give up my last flock when we moved here and my husband didn't realize that although I didn't like the house I could walk to the auction. SURPRISE! We had a much bigger place in escrow and had decided to look even furthur for maybe something bigger when he died, so I'm stuck here till I can find something uber cheap! Like land and a shack. Just before he died I had been there and bought 12 hens and he was resting, so didn't know. He handed me $200 and said "Go buy you some more chickens." So, I ran back and bought a bunch more. Should have seen his face when he saw all the extra birds that had no coop. LOL He never did get the chance to build what I wanted, but I still have a few of those birds. These days though I just drop off and sell and if some of the supplies look good I'll stay and try to buy them if I can get them cheap enough.

Well, out of the 15 I set I have 2 remaining. There was so much nest switching this isn't even one of the original hens.
roll.png

She is so pretty, what is she (breed and color)?
(I am guessing splash Cochin, but I am a newb... ;) )

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom