The Mud!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whispering Winds, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I went out to feed and water and had two bags of alpaca chow on one arm, a bucket of water in the other and a tub of dog food . . .guess being a chunky monkey and all the extra baggage made me bog down. Lost one shoe, and then in the process of getting it out, lost the other one. I know if I saw this happen to someone else I would be laughing my hiney off, but doggone it, that mud was freezing cold and I had to slosh out to the barn with frozen tooties and mud filled shoes. . .I wish it would freeze.

2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    The ground is like that here, it's so saturated! What a mess! We could probaby go from now til August without any snow/rain and still not dry out. uuuggghhhh..[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I can just imagine the scene........................ [​IMG] Long as you don't get sick, that is. [​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I'll bet that was a sight. [​IMG] Sorry but it was to much to keep in. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Our main road is covered with dirt and rocks from the recent storms. We still have 4 inches on the ground and the last wave is due through here tonight.

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:Be safe Deb.. I have a friend north of fresno that i cant get ahold of .. I have been worried sick.. I'll be sending prayers your way..

7. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Everything here is mud... I am soo over it.. My ducks love it but thats about all the good we are getting out of it...

8. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I was slipping and sliding today out doing chores-mud is awful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by