The Mystery Chick

red_autumn68

Chirping
May 19, 2023
This is Sasha. She is my mystery chick (also my favorite). I have no idea what breed! Can any of yall figure out what this adorable little fluff is?

She's older and bigger now and is developing a single comb. Her legs are orange, not greenish or olive. Her feathers are becoming white with black/greyish markings. I thought she was a Wyandotte until that comb developed. She came from Tractor Supply and I think she was in a mixed Bin of different breeds. I can't remember which breeds were labelled on the tub.

I don't know if she is an Easter Egger or Rainbow or something else entirely. She's my little buddy and likes to perch on my hand and hang out. So I would love to know what she is so I can get more of this breed. I'll try to post a current pic of her when I get home from work.

Bottom pics are current as of last night.
20230510_130500.jpg
20230520_003105.jpg
20230520_003037.jpg

Last edited:
I don't believe it is a pure breed, but instead probably one of the hatchery hybrids. Not sure which since there are a great many types nowadays. It is a cockerel.
You think she is a he? Oh boy, that makes 3 now. He came out of a mixed bin at Tractor Supply. I'm not sure what was all in there. I know the wyandottes and olive eggers were together, labelled pellets. I was wondering because of that comb, thanks for clearing up the sex for me. Its always your favorite that is a roo! I swear.

You think she is a he? Oh boy, that makes 3 now. He came out of a mixed bin at Tractor Supply. I'm not sure what was all in there. I know the wyandottes and olive eggers were together, labelled pellets. I was wondering because of that comb, thanks for clearing up the sex for me. Its always your favorite that is a roo! I swear.
Yeah, that's a serious amount of comb. I know it stinks when you get males when you were expecting females.

I don't think it's a Wyandotte because the comb isn't right. Maybe an olive egger, but those are usually darker or barred.

There was another breed in there too, I just cant remember. Considering the other 2 rooster are bantams, I guess he will be my main flock rooster lol

Yeah, that's a serious amount of comb. I know it stinks when you get males when you were expecting females.

I don't think it's a Wyandotte because the comb isn't right. Maybe an olive egger, but those are usually darker or barred.
He does have those blackish/brown/grey markings all over his wings, tail, and starting to come in on his head. I don't think its barred, more like 'penciled'. He's a strange one for sure. But definitely my most affection chick, next to my leghorns. The three really enjoying perching on my hands and hanging out. They make these real soft noise when I talk to them to, like they are talking back. Its the cutest thing.

He does have those blackish/brown/grey markings all over his wings, tail, and starting to come in on his head. I don't think its barred, more like 'penciled'. He's a strange one for sure. But definitely my most affection chick, next to my leghorns. The three really enjoying perching on my hands and hanging out. They make these real soft noise when I talk to them to, like they are talking back. Its the cutest thing.
They sounds like sweethearts. If you can keep roosters then no problem. It's sad when people have a favorite that turns out to be a rooster when they aren't allowed to keep them where they live.

Oh yeah, Roosters aren't an issue where I live. I don't really have a lot of close neighbors really. We have a horse farm down the road, ducks/Chickens/and fowl across the road. Can I keep the 3 roosters? Separate them? Or should I rehome 2?

Back
Top Bottom