The mystery/humor of buying straight runs

cloudstreaker

Chirping
Mar 1, 2021
Midwest, USA
Just thought I'd share for a good laugh. Most people are crossing their fingers for pullets. We bought 6 straight runs from a store in hopes of a a pure bred Welsummer rooster. We bought 6 just to be sure we'd have at least two pullets. We thought we'd and up with a lot of roosters! Well fast forward three months later and not one has any sign of a large comb or black feathers on the breast. Yes friends, all five (RIP #6) appear to be pullets :O

I have this problem currently with my polish. Don't think I got a single boy 😒
We got two Polish Crested chicks, hoping both were girls...well, of course one turned out to be a boy😂🤷

Attachments

• 20210516_101839.jpg
    20210516_101839.jpg
    848.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210516_184253.jpg
    20210516_184253.jpg
    789.8 KB · Views: 7
Why does it always seem, the time you want a boy, you get girls, and the time you want girls, you get boys? :mad:

Just bought 3 SR silkie yesterday and I’m convinced that two are going to be cockerels... I really need hens.

(Of course I’m guessing on one of the hardest chicken breeds to sex, and their only 3 days old!)

Why does it always seem, the time you want a boy, you get girls, and the time you want girls, you get boys? :mad:

Just bought 3 SR silkie yesterday and I’m convinced that two are going to be cockerels... I really need hens.

(Of course I’m guessing on one of the hardest chicken breeds to sex, and their only 3 days old!)
Perhaps you and I need to use reverse psychology next time, so we'll have the hens we need😂😂

It's probably because of some kind of cognitive/confirmation bias. Just give them babies time, lol.

Back
Top Bottom