-The Mythics RP-

Lupin's throat twisted into a double knot. She swallowed. "Did I do something? I mean, yes?" she asked, the hairs on her neck prickling nervously. She set the barrel on the deck and stood up straight, fighting back sarcastic retorts that had been ingrained in her blood for a decade or more. She hooked one foot behind the other, the picture of anxiousness. "I've loaded four barrels of whatever this is," she offered, flapping her hand at her load.
Ember's wings arched slightly with satisfaction upon noticing the werewolf's obvious nervousness.
"Captain is assigning you to the regular crew quarters. So you will not be returning to the cabin from earlier."
She nodded to the barrel Lupin had set down.
"Finish loading the final supplies and then arrive below deck to set up the bulkheads."

Ember's wings arched slightly with satisfaction upon noticing the werewolf's obvious nervousness.
"Captain is assigning you to the regular crew quarters. So you will not be returning to the cabin from earlier."
"Finish loading the final supplies and then arrive below deck to set up the bulkheads."
Every nerve in Lupin's body relaxed. Not bad, then. "Yes, ma'am," she replied, then regretted it. Ember didn't seem like the "ma'am" type.
"So, uh, I'll be... loading things..." she muttered, feeling smaller than a bug. She skittered back to her barrel, praying that Ember didn't have anything else to say. She heaved it up, noticing that when she stood to her full height, she was several inches taller than the hybrid, yet Ember seemed to tower over everyone.
Except the Captain, who was indomitably terrifying at every opportunity.

oh quick clarification... I did a project a few years ago on famous explorers (so I studied their ships) and I'm pretty sure that a bulkhead is a wall belowdecks. I also looked it up to be safe and I was right, is this what you meant? Or is bulkhead some secret code I don't know yet?!?!?

oh quick clarification... I did a project a few years ago on famous explorers (so I studied their ships) and I'm pretty sure that a bulkhead is a wall belowdecks. I also looked it up to be safe and I was right, is this what you meant? Or is bulkhead some secret code I don't know yet?!?!?
(The bulkheads I was referring to with Vhanya are temporary walls out of canvas or thin wood to use to separate rooms in the decks. Emphasis on temporary, they’re light so they’re easy to move around. So yes, you’re right.)

Last edited:
Every nerve in Lupin's body relaxed. Not bad, then. "Yes, ma'am," she replied, then regretted it. Ember didn't seem like the "ma'am" type.
"So, uh, I'll be... loading things..." she muttered, feeling smaller than a bug. She skittered back to her barrel, praying that Ember didn't have anything else to say. She heaved it up, noticing that when she stood to her full height, she was several inches taller than the hybrid, yet Ember seemed to tower over everyone.
Except the Captain, who was indomitably terrifying at every opportunity.
Ember turned away from Lupin dismissively, descending quickly into the lower deck, where the crew was hurrying about, arranging the trail end of fresh supplies and gathering the components for the bulkheads- the lower deck dividers.
Progress. We're finally making progress.
The morning's events had nearly stamped out any faith she had in the Quicksilver and her Captain's sailing capabilities. The starter crew had been ragtag and borderline pathetic. But after the rather dull afternoon, followed by the progressive evening, and surprisingly, with a little disciplinary help from Jintao, the crew was finally sea-worthy.
She lingered at the base of the steps, surveying the crew with sharp eyes.
And among the shadows of the stocked crates and barrels- movement.
Her eyes flared suddenly, accompanied by a twitch of her wings and she stared forward quickly, focus dead-set on the movement. A few of the crew members swerved out of her path, others slowed to avoid intercepting it. She received a couple of wary glances.
A stowaway? Or a slacker?
She stopped just beyond the stacks of supplies, lifting a hand to allow a torch of flame to light the space suddenly.
"You."
Of course, it was the crazed Harpy. The one that made her greatly reconsider her conditions of "mercy."
"Stop sulking behind the supplies like a startled rat and start setting up the bulkheads. There is work to be done."
She flicked her hand sharply, plunging the space into darkness again, and then stalked away.

@Lacy Duckwing

(The bulkheads I was referring to with Vhanya are temporary walls out canvas or thin wood to use to separate rooms in the decks.)
(This is all exactly what I had in mind)

Ember turned away from Lupin dismissively, descending quickly into the lower deck, where the crew was hurrying about, arranging the trail end of fresh supplies and gathering the components for the bulkheads- the lower deck dividers.
Progress. We're finally making progress.
The morning's events had nearly stamped out any faith she had in the Quicksilver and her Captain's sailing capabilities. The starter crew had been ragtag and borderline pathetic. But after the rather dull afternoon, followed by the progressive evening, and surprisingly, with a little disciplinary help from Jintao, the crew was finally sea-worthy.
She lingered at the base of the steps, surveying the crew with sharp eyes.
And among the shadows of the stocked crates and barrels- movement.
Her eyes flared suddenly, accompanied by a twitch of her wings and she stared forward quickly, focus dead-set on the movement. A few of the crew members swerved out of her path, others slowed to avoid intercepting it. She received a couple of wary glances.
A stowaway? Or a slacker?
She stopped just beyond the stacks of supplies, lifting a hand to allow a torch of flame to light the space suddenly.
"You."
Of course, it was the crazed Harpy. The one that made her greatly reconsider her conditions of "mercy."
"Stop sulking behind the supplies like a startled rat and start setting up the bulkheads. There is work to be done."
She flicked her hand sharply, plunging the space into darkness again, and then stalked away.

@Lacy Duckwing
Lupin thumped down belowdecks, awkwardly peering around the barrel to try to see where she was headed. She set her load down, with a louder thump than she had meant, and a tiny squeak came from behind the supplies. No, two squeaks. She peered behind the stacks of supplies to find...
A rat.
The fattest, ugliest, hairiest rat Lupin had ever seen.
And a harpy.
But her eyes focused on the rat.
Her foot shot out, blocking the rat's escape. The rodent glared at her with beady eyes filled with resentment.
"Catch it! Kill it! Do something!" she yelped at the Harpy, blocking the rat's frenzied escape route. Before anyone could do anything, the rat had vanished into some unseen crack, gone.
Lupin sighed. "Do you have a cat? Or will we have to go chase it?"

Lacy Duckwing, -Shade-

Back
Top Bottom