-The Mythics RP-

Pics
"How dare I, indeed," Tay muttered, watching through her bangs as the old woman left the kitchen. She stood and limped with silent feet to the rich cabinetry, then opened the doors and searched the shelves. She made no sound, taking quick inventory before hobbling back to the oven with a muffled groan.
Jintao was a foolish man, and he ailed himself. Yet she admired his disposition.

She mixed herbs and spices into the liquor before applying the acholic solution. It fizzed and boiled in the skin, so that her hands grew white and small unquenchable sounds issued from her throat. But she did not remove the rag and remedy until it had served it's purpose.
Sweat had streamed lines into her dirty, young face, and hair clung to her forehead as she rewashed her feet and pulled apart the welts with sterilized needles, then washed them again and repeated her process with the liquor.
Without covering and insulation her work would be to little avail, but she did not have the composure to call the old woman back, or to try and summon Jintao.
Instead she sat back in the chair and breathed heavy breaths, her weak body excited by pain.
She heard the rumble of voice, but understood no words.
Her and Jintao were not so different.

@Lacy Duckwing
Jintao stormed to his coat and headed for the door. His mind was continuously getting worst as it tormented him with guilt and horror. He opened the door and stopped. Everything Tay had said to him seemed to be calling him back. He wanted to leave, but that would only further his profile as a coward. She thought that he should defend his property and his dignity should be a part of that.
No, Jintao shook his head. There was no part of him that needed protection, at least, not anymore. He viewed himself as a monster for his past and was pleased to keep reminding himself of that. He had changed since then, but with the constant watch of the King's soldiers he had no room to settle into his changed life.
"Jintao," Jack called from behind him. "Are you leaving so soon?"
Jintao turned to the old man and shut the door. "I was thinking about it," he answered.
Jack walked over to him and placed his hand on his shoulder. Looking up, he said, "Please stay. I don't like my wife being alone with Lyra."

@_-Captain BRM-_

“There is that.” Adeen thought for a moment. She only needed to wear dresses when she was out. But there was a bigger problem at hand.
“Claura, can you cut my hair? Just trim it so it’s straight. I cut it, but with a butcher knife. “
(Edited @Lacy Duckwing. Didn’t know if you noticed or not. )

“There is that.” Adeen thought for a moment. She only needed to wear dresses when she was out. But there was a bigger problem at hand.
“Claura, can you cut my hair? Just trim it so it’s straight. I cut it, but with a butcher knife. “
"Oh," Claura said. She hadn't noticed Adeen's hair yet. "Yes, I can," she said slowly. "Do you have a pair of shears?" She went to the kitchen and found a set in a cup. She snipped the air with them, listening to the sharpness of them. "These should do."

"Oh," Claura said. She hadn't noticed Adeen's hair yet. "Yes, I can," she said slowly. "Do you have a pair of shears?" She went to the kitchen and found a set in a cup. She snipped the air with them, listening to the sharpness of them. "These should do."
Adeen stood completely still in front of her friend, back to, so her hair could be trimmed. “Thank you for helping me become a lady again. “

@Lacy Duckwing

Last edited:
Jintao stormed to his coat and headed for the door. His mind was continuously getting worst as it tormented him with guilt and horror. He opened the door and stopped. Everything Tay had said to him seemed to be calling him back. He wanted to leave, but that would only further his profile as a coward. She thought that he should defend his property and his dignity should be a part of that.
No, Jintao shook his head. There was no part of him that needed protection, at least, not anymore. He viewed himself as a monster for his past and was pleased to keep reminding himself of that. He had changed since then, but with the constant watch of the King's soldiers he had no room to settle into his changed life.
"Jintao," Jack called from behind him. "Are you leaving so soon?"
Jintao turned to the old man and shut the door. "I was thinking about it," he answered.
Jack walked over to him and placed his hand on his shoulder. Looking up, he said, "Please stay. I don't like my wife being alone with Lyra."

@_-Captain BRM-_
She searched the cabinets again and retrieved a stack of thin drying towels. The cloth wrapped tight to her feet, and she put on the new boots.
Tay tied her herbs and things into the last towel, then stumbled away from the stove and slammed the kitchen window open. Sunlight made her shiver as she slid out onto the roof.

@Lacy Duckwing

She searched the cabinets again and retrieved a stack of thin drying towels. The cloth wrapped tight to her feet, and she put on the new boots.
Tay tied her herbs and things into the last towel, then stumbled away from the stove and slammed the kitchen window open. Sunlight made her shiver as she slid out onto the roof.

@Lacy Duckwing
"I don't think that's a good idea," Jintao said with a sigh. His guilt rushed over him again. He wanted to escape from his problems and never look back. If that was possible, he didn't know. He thought of Tay's torn feet. She's in good hands, he told himself. "I should leave. Let me know if she needs anything. I'll pay her tab when I return from my next trip."
Before Jack could respond, Jintao was out the door and on the other side of the street. Leaving felt like the only thing he could do to protect anything, even if it did mean he was written off as a coward. He threw his coat over his back and held the lapel with his teeth as he slid his arm into the left side. When his arm was almost through, he accidentally dropped the coat, causing it to land in the puddle that was at his feet. "Idiot," he snarled at himself as he picked the wet thing up. If Jack saw what just happened, he'd be out in an instant. He glanced to the store. Jack wasn't in the window, so that was good. Then he spotted Tay on the roof...

@_-Captain BRM-_

Adeen stood completely still in front of her friend, back to, so her hair could be trimmed. “Thank you for helping me become a lady again. “

@Lacy Duckwing
Snippets of red hair fell to the floor as Claura trimmed. "Of course," she said, standing back, checking her job. "It's important. Not only for your well-being, but for your mental as well." She cleaned the shears of hair and swept the clippings off the floor.

Snippets of red hair fell to the floor as Claura trimmed. "Of course," she said, standing back, checking her job. "It's important. Not only for your well-being, but for your mental as well." She cleaned the shears of hair and swept the clippings off the floor.
“What do you mean?” Adeen wanted to understand more.

(Either that, or the person RPing her just wanted to do something interesting. Please help me come up with something interesting. )

"I don't think that's a good idea," Jintao said with a sigh. His guilt rushed over him again. He wanted to escape from his problems and never look back. If that was possible, he didn't know. He thought of Tay's torn feet. She's in good hands, he told himself. "I should leave. Let me know if she needs anything. I'll pay her tab when I return from my next trip."
Before Jack could respond, Jintao was out the door and on the other side of the street. Leaving felt like the only thing he could do to protect anything, even if it did mean he was written off as a coward. He threw his coat over his back and held the lapel with his teeth as he slid his arm into the left side. When his arm was almost through, he accidentally dropped the coat, causing it to land in the puddle that was at his feet. "Idiot," he snarled at himself as he picked the wet thing up. If Jack saw what just happened, he'd be out in an instant. He glanced to the store. Jack wasn't in the window, so that was good. Then he spotted Tay on the roof...

@_-Captain BRM-_
She crouched and cocked her head, then raised a finger to her lips, praying he would keep his silence. The towels beneath her arms bulged.
For a moment longer she met his gaze, sillouted to his eyes as the bright sun shone.

@Lacy Duckwing

“What do you mean?” Adeen wanted to understand more.

(Either that, or the person RPing her just wanted to do something interesting. Please help me come up with something interesting. )
"Well," Claura put the broom away, "if you're always acting like a man when you're a woman, it can cause damage to your mental health as well as your physical. You could end up in a burn-out and possibly quit everything." Claura rinsed her hands off in the washbasin. She paused. "Wait, do I smell smoke?"

(How's that?)

Back
Top Bottom