-The Mythics RP-

Lucia said, " No, Layna. That isn't the only reason I'm here. I was going to visit you anyway. I was just worried. Wilroc and I were talking and he said " oh, maybe you want to know Layna is leaving. " Then he left. That is not why I intended to come here. You are my friend; I wanted to see you. And give you this. Lucia pulled a small charm out of her vest pocket. " This is a good luck and safety charm handed down to me from many generations ago. I want you to have it. You can leave without telling me where you will go or why, but please accept it. No no, no arguing," Lucia said as she strung the charm on a leather cord. "It's yours now. May it protect you from harm." Lucia pressed the charm into Alayna's hand, then hugged her and said, " May God guide you, wherever you're going. Goodbye, my friend. Stay safe. And please write to me if you can. " Lucia stepped outside, waved goodbye to Layna one last time, then hid in the woods. She was going to shadow Alayna. Just to make sure she wasn't getting herself into danger.

(I guess I should mention that while I joke that Coal has double pecs I don’t imagine it quite like that. Rather I imagine he has human pecs on top of bird pecs. This may change your mental image for better or for worse.View attachment 3729253
Anyway, it is more likely that he has bird pecs than bat ones (which are very similar to humans) because his wings are on his back. Unlike mammals, you don’t see birds’ rib cages because they have a deep keel with lots of muscle covering their chest. The rest of their body is extremely spare but they need strength in those wings. I think it likely that phoenixes and harpies would have a supracoracoideus.)
I’m going to have to draw this now. No one can stop me.

SS Three Harpies and a Bug
I’m dying 😭

Lucia said, " No, Layna. That isn't the only reason I'm here. I was going to visit you anyway. I was just worried. Wilroc and I were talking and he said " oh, maybe you want to know Layna is leaving. " Then he left. That is not why I intended to come here. You are my friend; I wanted to see you. And give you this. Lucia pulled a small charm out of her vest pocket. " This is a good luck and safety charm handed down to me from many generations ago. I want you to have it. You can leave without telling me where you will go or why, but please accept it. No no, no arguing," Lucia said as she strung the charm on a leather cord. "It's yours now. May it protect you from harm." Lucia pressed the charm into Alayna's hand, then hugged her and said, " May God guide you, wherever you're going. Goodbye, my friend. Stay safe. And please write to me if you can. " Lucia stepped outside, waved goodbye to Layna one last time, then hid in the woods. She was going to shadow Alayna. Just to make sure she wasn't getting herself into danger.
@Amer (Maybe Martha can show up :))
Layna sputtered a protest as Lucia pushed the item into her hand, but the girl never gave her a chance to speak. She only quite registered that she had been hugged after Lucia stepped back and gave her a rushed blessing for her journey, then waved and ran out the door.
Alayna stood in frozen silence for a moment, trying to recount everything Lucia had said to her. She held up the charm, and the leather cord slipped down and hung from her hand. It was just a small silver thing, but apparently had held great value to the girl’s family. Layna finally let her guard down, and her muscles lost their tension.
“Oh Lucia,” she said quietly. The girl had become a Wolfwalker at a relatively young age. She was still quite young, but she seemed to have grown reckless when it came to her wolf form. Alayna had yet to teach her of the many dangers that surrounded the towns and forests. Her parents had been lax when it came to the education of those things.

Back
Top Bottom