-The Mythics RP-

“If this was a trap, my friend, I’d have killed you all the moment the door shut on my cabin.” She twitched the tip of her tail slightly, ”I can tell you know how quickly venom like mine takes hold, yes?“

As she relaxed her tail back to her side, she ran a hand lightly down it to the barb, one finger poised against the razor sharp tip.
“Death itself, at my disposal,” She mused, “excruciating, or as peaceful as slumber- I’m immune to my own venom, of course-“ She pressed her finger onto the tip, causing a small droplet of blood to run down her knuckles-“You know, venom like this has many uses; dilute a drop with laudanum for a wickedly powerful narcotic.”

She looked up from her tail and fixed the man with a hard stare, “I know how you think of my crew. And yes, nearly all of them are the worst sort of landlubbers- but to doubt them now is to doubt my capabilities as a captain. This ship will sail smoothly. And my crew will learn, whether it takes the hard way or not.”

Pointedly, she nudged her inkwell towards the edge of the desk with her tail, ”all the contract needs is the planned duration of your stay and your full names. The allotted time must be over a fortnight or the contract will be null, and you will be agreeing to work as my crew for your full stay.“ She sat back in her chair, and picked a fleck of dirt from beneath a claw, “You may discuss, if needed.”

@Lacy Duckwing
@-Shade-
@_-Captain BRM-_
Nautulis knew only a fool wouldn't admit, at least to themselves, intimidation in the Captain's presence. But familiarity promoted an intoxicating confidence- they were surrounded by water. The sea would be the only other scene during nearly the entire stretch of their journey, no matter how far it took them. The very thought made her feel almost equal in power to the Scorpion.
"Well, luckily, little discussion is needed," The Siren chimed rather joyfully, plucking the contract quickly from Jintao's uncertain hands.
"He's with me. As for the young lass, by all means, discuss."
She pressed the parchment against the firm wooden desk, flicking the quil almost with a flourish from its ink-drowned perch and scribbling a nearly unreadable name across one section of the contract line.
"If you don't mind, I shall stay the entire duration of the trip regardless." She straightened, dropping a hand on her hip as she regarded the contract like a work of fine art.
"I'm willing and wanting to learn the ways of sailing and it was been a desire of mine for some time. As for my friend here, he will remain for 18 days- a little over a, ah, 'fortnight'."
Nautulis pushed the contract back towards Jintao, holding out the feathered pen with it, her eyes glittering from excitement.

@Lacy Duckwing
@RDchicken99
@_-Captain BRM-_

Last edited:
“If this was a trap, my friend, I’d have killed you all the moment the door shut on my cabin.” She twitched the tip of her tail slightly, ”I can tell you know how quickly venom like mine takes hold, yes?“

As she relaxed her tail back to her side, she ran a hand lightly down it to the barb, one finger poised against the razor sharp tip.
“Death itself, at my disposal,” She mused, “excruciating, or as peaceful as slumber- I’m immune to my own venom, of course-“ She pressed her finger onto the tip, causing a small droplet of blood to run down her knuckles-“You know, venom like this has many uses; dilute a drop with laudanum for a wickedly powerful narcotic.”

She looked up from her tail and fixed the man with a hard stare, “I know how you think of my crew. And yes, nearly all of them are the worst sort of landlubbers- but to doubt them now is to doubt my capabilities as a captain. This ship will sail smoothly. And my crew will learn, whether it takes the hard way or not.”

Pointedly, she nudged her inkwell towards the edge of the desk with her tail, ”all the contract needs is the planned duration of your stay and your full names. The allotted time must be over a fortnight or the contract will be null, and you will be agreeing to work as my crew for your full stay.“ She sat back in her chair, and picked a fleck of dirt from beneath a claw, “You may discuss, if needed.”

@Lacy Duckwing
@-Shade-
@_-Captain BRM-_
Nautulis knew only a fool wouldn't admit, at least to themselves, intimidation in the Captain's presence. But familiarity promoted an intoxicating confidence- they were surrounded by water. The sea would be the only other scene during nearly the entire stretch of their journey, no matter how far it took them. The very thought made her feel almost equal in power to the Scorpion
"Well, luckily, little discussion is needed," The Siren chimed rather joyfully, plucking the contract quickly from Jintao's uncertain hands.
She pressed the parchment against the firm wooden desk, flicking the quil almost with a flourish from its ink-drowned perch and scribbling a nearly unreadable name across one section of the contract line.
"If you don't mind, I shall stay the entire duration of the trip regardless." She straightened, dropping a hand on her hip as she regarded the contract like a work of fine art.
"I'm willing and wanting to learn the ways of sailing and it was been a desire of mine for some time. As for my friend here, he will remain for 18 days- a little over a, ah, 'fortnight'."
Nautulis pushed the contract back towards Jintao, holding out the feathered pen with it, her eyes glittering from excitement.

@Lacy Duckwing
@RDchicken99
@_-Captain BRM-_
Jintao couldn't help but crack a sideward smile. Perhaps the Captain met his expectations after all. Daring, to say the least, and discerning. He took the pen from Nautulis. "Killing us right away would have taken the fun out of it, now wouldn't it?"
Jintao's eyes watched the Captain's as he felt his old self returning. The danger-loving self that was slow in his actions, as it took time for things to sink in, and the enjoyment when patience paid off.
He laid the pen's tip against the paper. The quill of it felt awkward in his left hand. He had barely written anything since the loss of his dominant hand, if at all. A hidden chuckle held his thoughts. Anything to do with the Destruction would have his signature memorized but here, it'd be like a disguise.
"I hope you don’t mind my signature being a bit sloppy," he read over Nautalis'. Hers wasn't much better, but maybe it was planned that way. "I don't write much anymore."
He stepped aside and handed the pen to Tay. Odd guilt rubbed him sideways as he looked at her. Something was off in himself and he knew what it was: Excitement. Excitement for coming here, excitement for joining, excitement for... he stopped himself. This was where he never wanted to be again, yet here he was- giving in, and too quickly.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@RDchicken99
@-Shade-

Jintao couldn't help but crack a sideward smile. Perhaps the Captain met his expectations after all. Daring, to say the least, and discerning. He took the pen from Nautulis. "Killing us right away would have taken the fun out of it, now wouldn't it?"
Jintao's eyes watched the Captain's as he felt his old self returning. The danger-loving self that was slow in his actions, as it took time for things to sink in, and the enjoyment when patience paid off.
He laid the pen's tip against the paper. The quill of it felt awkward in his left hand. He had barely written anything since the loss of his dominant hand, if at all. A hidden chuckle held his thoughts. Anything to do with the Destruction would have his signature memorized but here, it'd be like a disguise.
"I hope you don’t mind my signature being a bit sloppy," he read over Nautalis'. Hers wasn't much better, but maybe it was planned that way. "I don't write much anymore."
He stepped aside and handed the pen to Tay. Odd guilt rubbed him sideways as he looked at her. Something was off in himself and he knew what it was: Excitement. Excitement for coming here, excitement for joining, excitement for... he stopped himself. This was where he never wanted to be again, yet here he was- giving in, and too quickly.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@RDchicken99
@-Shade-
Eyes locked on the stained paper, Tay took the pen into her firm hands and leaned up on the desk. She drug her heel across the ground and rapped her knuckles across the smooth wood, feeling the ship loll.
She hated it.
She rolled her bottom lip with white teeth. "Devils, must it be my real name? I'm responsible for both, completely and totally. One just carries a death sentence, and I prefer not to use it. In fact, I've quite forgotten how it went." Another dull smile, and she rolled her eyes, looking to the Captain.

(LOL THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT COAL LOOKS LIKE!
although I don’t know much about the three stooges (except for the youtube vid I watched when I found out you were making this) I think I would switch Moe and Curly, lol)
"We're just supposed to see what she has," Raven grunted as he lifted a heavy crate and moved it out of the way, "which means we have to count everything, and there's a lot here so I'd get going."
He ran his finger along the surface of a shelf and inspected the residue left behind. "try not to stir any dust up."
pulling up his face covering over his nose, he continued in his task.
Coal started sweating. He wasn’t very good at arithmetic. Simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, that was all he could do, and he’d never been very good at it.
Of course, he could count but even the most accomplished mathematicians got their numbers mixed up sometimes. Counting was really hard. “Just… count all the barrels?” he asked.
A lunatic, a maniac, and a spark went down to the powder chamber-
this sounds like the start of a really bad joke...
(you are so right
You are still keeping up with the rp?!)
Oh, I'm just going away for week, likely with zero internet so just gonna vanish 😶‍🌫️
(sounds like Puerto Rico, lol, Apple has no service there)

Coal started sweating. He wasn’t very good at arithmetic. Simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, that was all he could do, and he’d never been very good at it.
Of course, he could count but even the most accomplished mathematicians got their numbers mixed up sometimes. Counting was really hard. “Just… count all the barrels?” he asked.
"Basically" Raven tipped a barrel back to see if there was any behind the ones in the front, "yes, and then we'll report back to the captain and she'll decide if we need any more."
He was anticipating that these harpies were not used to hauling heavy barrels, they didn't appear to have much meat on their bones so to speak. regardless, this was not a difficult task. let them try rowing, he thought, that's something real to sweat about.

Last edited:
"Basically" Raven tipped a barrel back to see if there was any behind the ones in the front, "yes, and then we'll report back to the captain and she'll decide if we need any more."
He was anticipating that these harpies we not used to hauling heavy barrels, they didn't appear to have much meat on their bones so to speak. regardless, this was not a difficult task. let them try rowing, he thought, that's something real to sweat about.
“Okay,” said Coal. “I’ll start over here, I guess.”
He began counting the barrels from the bottom, opposite from where Raven started.
He counted out loud, but at a whisper. Raven was the sort of guy you didn’t want to count too loudly around, but whenever he counted in his head, Coal tended to get his numbers mixed up.
(Flashbacks to when I worked at a gas station and somebody ordered 50!!!! scratch off lottery tickets. Or when they wanted their lottery tickets printed individually. 😭

(Flashbacks to when I worked at a gas station and somebody ordered 50!!!! scratch off lottery tickets. Or when they wanted their lottery tickets printed individually. 😭
(ooouch, i feel your pain, i ship things out for my moms business and people order protein particle test swabs and someone ordered like 30 once and i miscounted and the lady was mad and mom was mad and everyone was mad 😭 )

Nautulis knew only a fool wouldn't admit, at least to themselves, intimidation in the Captain's presence. But familiarity promoted an intoxicating confidence- they were surrounded by water. The sea would be the only other scene during nearly the entire stretch of their journey, no matter how far it took them. The very thought made her feel almost equal in power to the Scorpion.

@Lacy Duckwing
@RDchicken99
@_-Captain BRM-_

@_-Captain BRM-_
@RDchicken99
@-Shade-
Eyes locked on the stained paper, Tay took the pen into her firm hands and leaned up on the desk. She drug her heel across the ground and rapped her knuckles across the smooth wood, feeling the ship loll.
She hated it.
She rolled her bottom lip with white teeth. "Devils, must it be my real name? I'm responsible for both, completely and totally. One just carries a death sentence, and I prefer not to use it. In fact, I've quite forgotten how it went." Another dull smile, and she rolled her eyes, looking to the Captain.
@RDchicken99

Back
Top Bottom