-The Mythics RP-

"I will offer some tutoring if needed. I have a way with blades."
Nautilus smiled, shooting Tay and Jintao a smug look, purely for her own pleasure rather than expecting them to catch some underhanded message.
She glanced briefly toward the Quartermistress, hoping the bitter young woman wouldn't be set off by their murmuring.

Ember lifted a hand slightly as they descended into the hull of the ship. Firelight danced across scarce wooden crates and the tight rows of boards and spokes framing the sides and upper deck of the frigate. The Quicksilver's storage was mostly empty, save a few rather dry-looking supplies- likely nonperishable substances.
"The Captain sent a scout into town to request stocks for the trip. When the delivery arrives, I will expect your hands to assist with loading. For now, there's not much here."
It was growing harder to act like she knew what she was doing. She'd never been within the frigate itself, aside from leading the Werewolf to her temporary cabin. It occurred rather faintly to Ember she'd forgotten to remind Vhanya of her due conversation with the Mythic.
The next open space proved to be the powder chamber. Ember quickly extinguished her torch at the sight of the heavy barrels packed within the dim room, lit only by the glow of a single lantern. She was still doubtful of the captain's choice to send the three Harpies- two Harpies?- into the most cautioned sector of the ship. Especially with such a clumsy firebird like Coal with them.
Speaking of. The odd trio was still here, as expected, though only two of them were actually assessing the powder supply, and Coal's expression hinted with doubt. She could almost put money on the guess he didn't know what he was doing.
"You," Ember snapped, aiming a claw at the bedraggled Harpy. "What are you doing? Get back to work."
She turned a stare on Coal and the other Harpy- er, human? Why didn't he feel like a human?- her gaze remained as cold as usual.
"What is the assessment on the powder supply? Also, I'm going to need your name for the records." She directed the last bit at the Harpy/Human, her eyes narrowing slightly.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Lacy Duckwing
@Isabella6Storm4
@Amer

“Give him a break, he got a splinter,” Coal admonished. His tone was light, but not with the usual underlying laughter. He barely glanced at Ember before continuing his quest to make sure every barrel was full.

“Give him a break, he got a splinter,” Coal admonished. His tone was light, but not with the usual underlying laughter. He barely glanced at Ember before continuing his quest to make sure every barrel was full.
"Break's over," Ember growled, flashing a scathing look over Coal, before fixing her attention back to the other Mythic.

Nautulis clasped her hands behind her as she watched the scene in silent interest. She was almost surprised by the Phoenix's boldness toward the Quartermistress, but Vhanya and Jintao had both noted the slack of order among the earlier crew members.
Perhaps Ember had a sliver of patience after all.

Nautilus smiled, shooting Tay and Jintao a smug look, purely for her own pleasure rather than expecting them to catch some underhanded message.
She glanced briefly toward the Quartermistress, hoping the bitter young woman wouldn't be set off by their murmuring.

Ember lifted a hand slightly as they descended into the hull of the ship. Firelight danced across scarce wooden crates and the tight rows of boards and spokes framing the sides and upper deck of the frigate. The Quicksilver's storage was mostly empty, save a few rather dry-looking supplies- likely nonperishable substances.
"The Captain sent a scout into town to request stocks for the trip. When the delivery arrives, I will expect your hands to assist with loading. For now, there's not much here."
It was growing harder to act like she knew what she was doing. She'd never been within the frigate itself, aside from leading the Werewolf to her temporary cabin. It occurred rather faintly to Ember she'd forgotten to remind Vhanya of her due conversation with the Mythic.
The next open space proved to be the powder chamber. Ember quickly extinguished her torch at the sight of the heavy barrels packed within the dim room, lit only by the glow of a single lantern. She was still doubtful of the captain's choice to send the three Harpies- two Harpies?- into the most cautioned sector of the ship. Especially with such a clumsy firebird like Coal with them.
Speaking of. The odd trio was still here, as expected, though only two of them were actually assessing the powder supply, and Coal's expression hinted with doubt. She could almost put money on the guess he didn't know what he was doing.
"You," Ember snapped, aiming a claw at the bedraggled Harpy. "What are you doing? Get back to work."
She turned a stare on Coal and the other Harpy- er, human? Why didn't he feel like a human?- her gaze remained as cold as usual.
"What is the assessment on the powder supply? Also, I'm going to need your name for the records." She directed the last bit at the Harpy/Human, her eyes narrowing slightly.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Lacy Duckwing
@Isabella6Storm4
@Amer
"Break's over," Ember growled, flashing a scathing look over Coal, before fixing her attention back to the other Mythic.

Nautulis clasped her hands behind her as she watched the scene in silent interest. She was almost surprised by the Phoenix's boldness toward the Quartermistress, but Vhanya and Jintao had both noted the slack of order among the earlier crew members.
Perhaps Ember had a sliver of patience after all.
"If that's the case," Jintao felt for the dagger in his pocket. It was still there and it had grown cold since he last handled it. "I'll save you for later practice. I need to grow familiar with this thing before I lose my hand over it." He left the blade in his pocket and ran his hand over a crate as they passed it. "I will accept the tutoring when needed, so thank you."
Jintao pressed his feet down into the planks silently with each step. He was attempting to familiarize his feet with the floor, as passing through here in the dark would eventually become the norm. The boards were smooth and new, offering no worn trails from heavy traffic. With time, those trails would eventually be made, if her Captain didn't have them replaced beforehand.

Gecko's wings flared at Ember’s sudden words. With his back toward her, he felt like his wings hid him. He picked at the splinter faster until he was able to grasp it between his thumbnail and index finger's nail. There, he pulled it out. "Ouch," he whispered and began shaking his hand wildly. He paused and viewed the slight bleed under the injured nail. That, E, hurt-a, he rose to his feet with his wings still flared and his back toward Ember in an almost ignorance manner.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Lacy Duckwing
@Isabella6Storm4
@Amer
Raven stared silently, thinking about the tone in which he should address her.
"She's stocked with nearly 200 barrels of powder from what we can tell so far."
He paused at the notion of his name and frowned slightly, he hadn't thought about his name in a while. He definitely couldn't use the same one as last time. "You can sign me in as Raven."
With a slight nod to Ember, he turned and continued his work.

Coal continued to check powder barrels, trying to avoid looking at Ember at all costs. He looked beyond her and glanced at the Siren woman in the hall. (I keep picturing her as blue-skinned with muscular curves instead of Mediterranean and slender and I need to abolish the first mental image.) He had seen her from afar before but this was the closest they had been. She had a lovely figure. Her skin and eyes were brightest gold, and her black hair gleamed in the flickering light of the lantern. Was he staring too long? Yes, that was definitely too long. His eyes flicked back to what he was doing and heat rose in his cheeks. Yes. She was hot. Way more heat than a powder magazine could handle.

He paused at the notion of his name and frowned slightly, he hadn't thought about his name in a while. He definitely couldn't use the same one as last time. "You can sign me in as Raven."
Coal continued to check powder barrels, trying to avoid looking at Ember at all costs. He looked beyond her and glanced at the Siren woman in the hall. (I keep picturing her as blue-skinned with muscular curves instead of Mediterranean and slender and I need to abolish the first mental image.) He had seen her from afar before but this was the closest they had been. She had a lovely figure. Her skin and eyes were brightest gold, and her black hair gleamed in the flickering light of the lantern. Was he staring too long? Yes, that was definitely too long. His eyes flicked back to what he was doing and heat rose in his cheeks. Yes. She was hot. Way more heat than a powder magazine could handle.
Some of the tension tugging Ember's wings eased and she looked the eerie Mythic over a bit more carefully.
He seemed to actually know how to address authority and follow orders. Despite his otherwise unsettling manner and presence, at least he could act somewhat agreeable. Tolerable.
"200 isn't bad, but we should acquire a few more for stock."
The Harpy flipped rapidly through the worn book, catching her previous page and quickly flashing Raven's name at the bottom of the list.
"You, the... scruffy one. What is your name?"
Her eyes lifted from the page, though she didn't adjust her head, focusing on the unkempt Harpy with the stylus suspended expectantly over the parchment.

Nautulis watched the scene unfold with mild amusement, tilting back and forth on her toes as she peered past Ember's large wing.
She noticed the Phoenix staring. Stopping her slight bouncing, she watched him blankly, waiting for some sort of apologetic or awkward smile as she often received from humans who happened to follow their train of thought a tad too deep. Waiting for him to look away and forget her presence a moment later.
He did look away, almost startled, focusing intently on his previous task. Nautulis continued her bouncing, perhaps a little more energetic than before as curiosity rose in her mind. All of these Mythics were quite the entertaining bunch, but much more colorful in their personalities than she was used to. It was almost fun.
"You must be looking forward to, ah, erecting your high standards of order here, yes?" she half whispered, turning to Jintao again with a wide grin. "First mate."
She allowed a lively sway to her movement as she spoke, glancing like a naughty schoolchild at Ember as if expecting to be caught gossiping.

@Lacy Duckwing
@Amer
@Isabella6Storm4
@_-Captain BRM-_

Some of the tension tugging Ember's wings eased and she looked the eerie Mythic over a bit more carefully.
He seemed to actually know how to address authority and follow orders. Despite his otherwise unsettling manner and presence, at least he could act somewhat agreeable. Tolerable.
"200 isn't bad, but we should acquire a few more for stock."
The Harpy flipped rapidly through the worn book, catching her previous page and quickly flashing Raven's name at the bottom of the list.
"You, the... scruffy one. What is your name?"
Her eyes lifted from the page, though she didn't adjust her head, focusing on the unkempt Harpy with the stylus suspended expectantly over the parchment.

Nautulis watched the scene unfold with mild amusement, tilting back and forth on her toes as she peered past Ember's large wing.
She noticed the Phoenix staring. Stopping her slight bouncing, she watched him blankly, waiting for some sort of apologetic or awkward smile as she often received from humans who happened to follow their train of thought a tad too deep. Waiting for him to look away and forget her presence a moment later.
He did look away, almost startled, focusing intently on his previous task. Nautulis continued her bouncing, perhaps a little more energetic than before as curiosity rose in her mind. All of these Mythics were quite the entertaining bunch, but much more colorful in their personalities than she was used to. It was almost fun.
"You must be looking forward to, ah, erecting your high standards of order here, yes?" she half whispered, turning to Jintao again with a wide grin. "First mate."
She allowed a lively sway to her movement as she spoke, glancing like a naughty schoolchild at Ember as if expecting to be caught gossiping.

@Lacy Duckwing
@Amer
@Isabella6Storm4
@_-Captain BRM-_
Gecko folded his wings in and turned around. "Eh, ya do-nate need to be such a snapping turtle, miss," he stepped down from the barrel he had sat on earlier and walked over. "I'm-a- ah..." his eyes wandered past Ember to those standing behind her.
Gecko's wings twitched. There she was- the Mythic woman that he had seen just before getting tangled in the ratline. Her head cloth was down and her black hair exposed. Her blue frills glistened in the dull light of the lantern and her gills- Gecko got lost. Gills? What the- he shook the thoughts away. He flared his wings like they were elegant and quivered them with excitement. "Salevtae! Hello!"

Jintao frowned at the stasis of the room's occupants. The two winged ones were worthy of a well agreed upon punishment, especially the clumsy one he had seen earlier. Both of them lacked respect for the female in charge and neither seemed to bare any experience. The human amongst the three did have some respect, which he honored. He appeared somewhat knowledgeable and possibly trained in the sea life.
"Perhaps," he said with a slight nod of the Harpy approaching. "But it might be more work than it should be."

@-Shade-
@_-Captain BRM-_
@Amer
@Isabella6Storm4

Gecko folded his wings in and turned around. "Eh, ya do-nate need to be such a snapping turtle, miss," he stepped down from the barrel he had sat on earlier and walked over. "I'm-a- ah..." his eyes wandered past Ember to those standing behind her.
Gecko's wings twitched. There she was- the Mythic woman that he had seen just before getting tangled in the ratline. Her head cloth was down and her black hair exposed. Her blue frills glistened in the dull light of the lantern and her gills- Gecko got lost. Gills? What the- he shook the thoughts away. He flared his wings like they were elegant and quivered them with excitement. "Salevtae! Hello!"

Jintao frowned at the stasis of the room's occupants. The two winged ones were worthy of a well agreed upon punishment, especially the clumsy one he had seen earlier. Both of them lacked respect for the female in charge and neither seemed to bare any experience. The human amongst the three did have some respect, which he honored. He appeared somewhat knowledgeable and possibly trained in the sea life.
"Perhaps," he said with a slight nod of the Harpy approaching. "But it might be more work than it should be."

@-Shade-
@_-Captain BRM-_
@Amer
@Isabella6Storm4
Ember's irritation returned full force and she took a step forward, the corner of her lip curling slightly. She snapped her fingers in front of the ragged Harpy's face repeatedly, her claws barely missing his nose as she did, demanding his refocus.
"I asked you a question," she growled, stepping forward again, closer to the Mythic.
"If you don't want me to be 'snappy', then answer when I speak."
She was beginning to understand Jintao's initial disgust upon arriving on the Quicksilver. This rag-tag bunch of Mythics was far from disciplined. Reckless, disrespectful, and scatterbrained. Ember deeply hoped the scout Vhanya had sent after Galen wasn't half as difficult as the others.

Nautulis gave a small, hesitant wave to the crazed-looking Harpy, her eyes widening, expression otherwise blank again. "Salevtae," she murmured, possibly loud enough for him to hear, though his attention was likely occupied by Ember's reaction already.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Lacy Duckwing
@Amer
@Isabella6Storm4

Ember's irritation returned full force and she took a step forward, the corner of her lip curling slightly. She snapped her fingers in front of the ragged Harpy's face repeatedly, her claws barely missing his nose as she did, demanding his refocus.
"I asked you a question," she growled, stepping forward again, closer to the Mythic.
She was beginning to understand Jintao's initial disgust upon arriving on the Quicksilver. This rag-tag bunch of Mythics was far from disciplined. Reckless, disrespectful, and scatterbrained. Ember deeply hoped the scout Vhanya had sent after Galen wasn't half as difficult as the others.
Raven quietly went about his business, listening to the harpy snarling at his crewmates. He couldn't help but think of his old taskmaster. The whip had hurt but he quickly learned to shut up and do as he was told. He almost laughed at the fact that now this man was at the bottom of the sea by his doing. No more threats of keelhauling, no more starving nights locked in the dark, no more flogging. He couldn't erase the scars but he could erase the culprit...and he had.

Nautulis gave a small, hesitant wave to the crazed-looking Harpy, her eyes widening, expression otherwise blank again. "Salevtae," she murmured, possibly loud enough for him to hear, though his attention was likely occupied by Ember's reaction already.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Lacy Duckwing
@Amer
@Isabella6Storm4
Raven quietly went about his business, listening to the harpy snarling at his crewmates. He couldn't help but think of his old taskmaster. The whip had hurt but he quickly learned to shut up and do as he was told. He almost laughed at the fact that now this man was at the bottom of the sea by his doing. No more threats of keelhauling, no more starving nights locked in the dark, no more flogging. He couldn't erase the scars but he could erase the culprit...and he had.
"Ell..." Gecko's attention was dragged away from the beauty he wished to admire. "Hey," he grabbed Ember's wrist. He was gentle, like always, and only tightened his grip till he felt his claws on his thumb. "You ah likely to get your hand bitten off that way." He moved her hand down, away from his face. "What question?"

Back
Top Bottom