The nerve of some people

misty7850

Songster
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Fort Covington, NY
This person recenlty posted in our free and want ads that they would like some chickens, geese, and other farm animals for "free".
So out of the kindness of my heart, I emailed them and said I was hatching some chickens and would let them have some. So then this person emails me back and wants to know when I am going to deliver them.
I told them I am kind enough to offer them to them for free. I am certainly not delivering them
he.gif

If you really want em, put out a teeeny bit of effort.

Kinda wonder what kind of lives those farm animals might have if the potential owner doesn't value them enough to even pick them up
hide.gif

I had a similar experience. A BYCer was using 4-H as their excuse to get "free" eggs. I sent them some unusual breedings, not 4 weeks later, they were posted for sale. The nerve!

Quote:
More and more everyday... they want't their mortgages paid... but i'll quit now while I'm ahead.

when I was getting rid of my ducks before my surgery, I went through this with some lady. It was amazing....

she lived a couple of hours away... wanted me to bring them to her.I said no. Then she wanted me to meet her half way. I said no. Even that was BS. they were full grown, good laying, friendly Pekins. Needless to say, someone from 4-H took them instead...they came and got them.

to top it off, she claimed to have other ducks of her own. But when I told her to make sure that that she had something to carry them in, like a dog crate, she asked if I had a cardboard box. that is so wrong on many levels. You would need a HUGE box for 3 pekins, and they would soak through it in 2 minutes. You'd have to put diapers on them for 2 hour drive. She had a car, not a truck. And again, she was asking me if I could provide it...

yeah right..21 pounds of ducks is going to stay in a cardboard box. They need ventilation... they smell
smile.png

That was the last straw.
She was too ignorant to get my much loved ducks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom