The New Chicken Guy

Stefan316

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2020
Hi my name is Stefan.

I was really ready to answer the seven questions but I deiced not to because to many of the answers would be the same. Seeing I just start looking into this.

I really have no clue where to start with this. I did spend 30min on the MO agriculture site finding nothing I needed.

I am trying to find out do you need breeder license just to incubate eggs.

I don't have room to have a farm and raise chickens. Still I would enjoy hatching them and selling them.

I am trying to find out what is legal and what is not legal.

I am going to start searching and reading to find my answer here on the site.

Thanks

Welcome to BYC! There is so much to see, do, and learn here! :welcome I am not familiar with the rules regarding licenses, but perhaps someone else will know. Do you plan to sell day-old chicks?

That would be the plan. I got the idea from trying to help a friend find some Ayam Cemani. He wants to be a breeder. I looked at 15+ farm websites and they all sell hatching eggs. And almost all of them was on back order for live birds. My thinking is a service where I am getting eggs from the fancy breeder and just hatching them for people. I just cant seem to find any info about being certified. And I find it hard to believe this is an original idea. So I am guessing there are people already doing it that would know.

Back
Top Bottom