the new coops, pic heavy, let me know what you think

VERY impressive - looking forward to seeing it all done and inhabited.
You've really put a lot of thought into it.
big_smile.png

also, alaskachick, maybe you could put some sort of heater or pump or something in the collector to heat and melt the ice and snow and to keep the water moving, so it doesnt refreeze? just a suggestion.

Last edited:
thank you all, let me see if I can answer all the questions,

it is ptw,

I am thinking one roo and four or five hens,

and in Alaska, here is what I would do, since your water will have to be heated, use a pond pump with water lines running from your supply tank to the underside of your roof and the insulate over that, so when your water supply starts to run low just flip a switch and run the warmed water under the roof till it is full again, this is just off the top of my head but it should be a good starting point if nothing else

and I will ad pics as progress is made, might be kinda slow work has been crazy

Last edited:
I cant seem to get the days pics up, any way, I completed the side panels today, all put together, painted and covered with wire, tomorrow I will cut, paint and install the cross members, I'll try then to get more pics up

The coop and run design look great, can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for directing me to this site, it has given me a few ideas for my muddy run.
wink.png

am I the only one having trouble uploading pics? I put the side walls up and am working on the front of the coops now, I have a load of pics, but I cant upload, I have tried several times, any help out there?

Back
Top Bottom