the new coops, pic heavy, let me know what you think

ok, here is what i did, I made an album at photobucket, here is the link (thanks for the idea pop)

http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab109/jeb251/chicken coop/

I am going to put captions in but just didn't have the time yet, I will get to it asap, I have 20 sheets of plywood coming Saturday, my brother is getting it at work for $7 a sheet, so I will be able to continue with the coop, I have to put wire on the front and back and build the front gates yet, I am going to put grape vines all around it and use 2" 4" fencing wire for the tops of the runs so the vines will fall down so the birds can get to them

Wow - your work is beautiful!

That was a great idea to make all those pens.

thumbsup.gif

You've got to submit a coop designs page when you're done! Your coop is unlike any of the other ones up there, and it sure looks like you know what you're doing. I think it would be a definite asset to BYC.

thank you very much, for some reason I have trouble uploading pics, I have tried different browsers and different computers, still no luck

Quote:
Jeb, now that you have a photobucket album, click on your pic in the album and then click on the IMG box, under the pic. Copy that and paste it in the body of your text here on this thread. That`s as simple as it gets. Show us some more of your progress. Plywood for $7 a sheet, jeeeesh!........Pop

thanks pop, I'll try to get to that, my plywood is supposed to be here tomorrow, I hope it comes all I can do with out it is finish the front gates and put the water tank in and a couple odds and ends here and there, I am ready to put the birds in there, they are too they like to go over there and bath in the sand, the most recent pics are in the bucket, I'll tame more tomorrow when I get the gates on

How big are the individual runs and coops? (length and width of run, length, width and height of coop) I'm thinking about building something similar but will only need 3 or 4 coops with runs. I'm going to use them for some Hubbard Redbro breeding stock I fell into. I planned on 6 hens and a rooster per breeding pen. That's the same numbers as you isn't it? Thanks for this post. It's really inspired me.

Back
Top Bottom