The New Man in My Life

Thanks! I have been reading through the peafowl section of BYC for a year. I am not a girl that jumps into things unprepared. I am sponge. So everyone, keep telling me what you know! I love to read through the threads and learn from others. Might even have to work on getting some Thang genetics to my corner of MO!
big_smile.png
i will be watching your peacock tale closely, as i too have been contemplating for a long time.... in fact, it is probably the main reason why i let my husband talk me into chickens!

as far as a name... personally stan gets my vote! ...but i am trying to think of a famous widower- who is of course, lucky in love the second time around. beautiful bird, but what a sad story... i wonder if you are going to be offered the rest of them before too long?

Stan is the guy we got him from and my sweet dear husband will not shorten it. Just calls him Stancock. I am sure we will find something to agree on that will fit my boy. My husband came running in after checking on the flock for me (I worked all day and then got called into a night shift) hollering about how the peacock was sick. I asked what he meant. "Well he is honking like a goose." lol. I had to explain that that was normal and that he had just startled him. Maybe I should start telling him things I have learned. In small doses since men tend to shut down when women get long winded.
wink.png

i'm changing my vote to orpheus! ;p
or...does your abode have a name? that might help with naming (we call ours pecker wood estates)

on a side note, i was surprised to hear how much honking the chickens do! (NO comparison to the pea!)
and for some reason, my brain can't comprehend, i am always shocked to see either fly!

lol.... our street name is a hill, so we thought THAT would be redundant ;p
strange minds must think alike... and we must have been destined to meet on BYC!
maybe we can get a discount on a peckerwood sign, hahah (we've been planning a ranch sign for our driveway) too bad we're opposite coasts!

We'd need to get signs that said "Peckerwood East" and "Peckerwood West"!

Sorry to derail your thread for a moment, Courts Clucks.
Any more pictures of your beautiful boy????
caf.gif

Stan is the guy we got him from and my sweet dear husband will not shorten it. Just calls him Stancock. I am sure we will find something to agree on that will fit my boy. My husband came running in after checking on the flock for me (I worked all day and then got called into a night shift) hollering about how the peacock was sick. I asked what he meant. "Well he is honking like a goose." lol. I had to explain that that was normal and that he had just startled him. Maybe I should start telling him things I have learned. In small doses since men tend to shut down when women get long winded.
wink.png
That's another coincidence... my husband came in yesterday and asked me 'which one of the peas honks? Is that the hen?' I told him that they all can and it was an alarm noise, he surprised them. He said 'at first I thought I didn't know she had a goose in there... then realized that it didn't quite sound like the geese'.

Back
Top Bottom