The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning everyone :frow

Good morning DMC :frow have a wonderful Wednesday
I was a day ahead of myself the other day and wrote the wrong date on all my eggs. :lol:

It's Wednesday for me! So far I've had to put our sheep back in their paddock twice this morning. The wind had blown their electric tape out in a couple of places overnight, then DS didn't put one bit back in quite properly so it came down again in one spot. Good help is hard to find!

They love their lollies (hard feed - though you guys would use the word 'candy' right?) so it's super easy to get them to go where they need to be. They do need moving again though - I swear they eat as much as the cattle!

I was a day ahead of myself the other day and wrote the wrong date on all my eggs. :lol:

It's Wednesday for me! So far I've had to put our sheep back in their paddock twice this morning. The wind had blown their electric tape out in a couple of places overnight, then DS didn't put one bit back in quite properly so it came down again in one spot. Good help is hard to find!

They love their lollies (hard feed - though you guys would use the word 'candy' right?) so it's super easy to get them to go where they need to be. They do need moving again though - I swear they eat as much as the cattle!

I've never been around sheep before Jae, overall are you enjoying them?

I've never been around sheep before Jae, overall are you enjoying them?
Yes - they are quite different to the cattle. They are smarter, sweeter, and more gentle but also more flighty. It's very cute when they play together too. They always run up to us now that the ram, Rufus, has taught them to enjoy the hard feed and baa at us expectantly.

The heifers are fun because you can brush them and scratch them but I don't go into their paddock carrying hay without a stick now as they are extremely pushy when it comes to food and I'm well aware of the fact that they would knock me over and trample me without a second thought.

Yes - they are quite different to the cattle. They are smarter, sweeter, and more gentle but also more flighty. It's very cute when they play together too. They always run up to us now that the ram, Rufus, has taught them to enjoy the hard feed and baa at us expectantly.

The heifers are fun because you can brush them and scratch them but I don't go into their paddock carrying hay without a stick now as they are extremely pushy when it comes to food and I'm well aware of the fact that they would knock me over and trample me without a second thought.

Do you plan on expanding your herds of both sheep and cattle? Interesting about sheep being smarter than cattle.

Back
Top Bottom