Good morning Debby. The soup sounds delicious! Twice baked potatoes don’t seem any different to me than once baked
We are taking the dogs to the park of course, then I’m making the kids help me with some chores and making apple fritters for the first time ever. Sending those to work with Igor tomorrow, all the guys have been asking about me this weekend. So sweet.
Good morning IM, Debby , Janie , DMC , I crave mushroom soup , saw a couple pinkies ( that's what we call white button mushrooms ) yesterday . The Aborted Entaloma , shrimpies , as we call them, never made a good showing . I may have to buy some . I put Shiitake , Golden oyster ,White button mushrooms when I make soup . I haven't tried barley.
Good morning folks
Good morning Debby, have a great day...
Good morning Janie, have a great day
Good morning DMC, have a great day
Good morning Marie, have a great day
Good Morning IM, have a great day
Good morning Mark, have a great day
Good morning, Everyone.
The Princess and I are going to a community theater production of ? This is her deal - not mine - that's our story. Everyone will be masked so relatively safe. No reaction to the Moderna booster.
Thanks , sounds good mine uses 2qt Chicken broth , 2 Leeks and Shiitake to give it a subtle garlic flavor . I want to try yours .Morning Mark
Here's my soup recipe if you'd like to try it:
MUSHROOM BARLEY SOUP
2 Tab butter
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 ribs celery with leaves, diced
1/4 Cup parsley
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 lb. fresh mushrooms
1 Tab flour
2 quarts beef broth
1 Cup whole barley
2 tsp salt
1. Melt butter in large skillet and sauce onion, celery, 2 Tab parsley, carrot, garlic mushrooms until soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Lower heat and add flour. Stir often for about 5 minutes or until thick.
3. In soup pot heat beef broth. Stir in the mushroom mixture.
4. Turn heat to high and add barley. Stir well and add salt to taste.
5. Simmer, covered about 1 hour or until barley is tender and the soup thickened. Stir often.
And it just gets better the 2nd (and 3rd) day.